Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MG36 True support gun?  (Read 5978 times)

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
MG36 True support gun?
« on: January 20, 2017, 11:34:40 AM »
So I apparently missed the controversy surrounding the use of these MG36 HK's as a support gun since it was during the time I wasn't playing;) None the less backstory, I've owned allot of guns but never owned a support gun. Been considering a 249 from the old TOP days but the price was always an issue. Recently had my eye on upgrading an A&K 249.

Fast forward I was at a airsoft get together/yard sale type of deal up here. Well I walked away with a smoking deal on a beta C style mag for my G36. At the time I was just buying it thinking simple toy since the price was excellent and I couldn't pass it up. Then the guy mentioned maybe turning it into an MG36 and I was interested thinking about it. In my research I can order the right carry handle/optic, along with the longer barrel and foregrip for not a whole lot of money. I've got a great TM G36c that is super solid internally, and with those changes would pretty much become a proper MG36 from my reading.

So the question is what are guys opinions on whether it would be allowed at events and such as a support gun. I know in the past it wasn't considered one from some hosts but I'm just curious to hear some opinions. It's not much of an issue since it's unlikely I'll be attending events outside the area and then be running a support gun. Typically if I travel I run an assault role or one of my sniper rifles etc. But I'd like to hear opinions either way because you never know what will pop up;)

Take care!

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

TauterTwiggy

• Trade Count: (1)
    • View Profile
Re: MG36 True support gun?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 02:14:16 PM »
According to my research both thailand and the U.N. use the MG36 as a support weapon still so I don't see how they could say no unless it was a MSW strict style event and those were not faction options.