Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Perscription Goggles  (Read 8375 times)

BlackJack

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Perscription Goggles
« on: January 31, 2017, 05:30:01 PM »
Hey guys, I have some REALLY messed up eyes, (+6 and +4 ,I think) and wanted to know what your guys experience with em was, and was hoping someone could point me where I could get some really fancy ones (mirroring, tint) with a Rx. Thanks!

Zzan

• View Profile
Re: Perscription Goggles
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 12:45:01 PM »
Revision and ESS both sell inserts that can have corrective lenses put in them for inside their goggles.

ESS
Revision Click the Specs tab to see which goggles the inserts work for

I would also caution you on specialty lenses.  Make sure they are ANSI spec before you buy.  Most of the "fancy" lenses you can get to fit goggles/shooting glasses on eBay and Amazon for cheap are NOT ANSI rated and could shatter/break if hit with an airsoft BB.

Typically the above brands come with options for clear, tinted and yellow/high contrast lenses all of which are properly rated. Mirrored and aftermarket is where you run into issues.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 12:55:15 PM by Zzan »

Zaku

• Seig Zeon!
    • View Profile

Centurion

• Trade Count: (1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 07:03:24 AM »
Why not just get Oakley M frames for the same price? I've nothing but good abou their glasses. They were my primary option before I got contacts, which is the way to go.

Zzan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 10:57:33 AM »
Why not just get Oakley M frames for the same price? I've nothing but good abou their glasses. They were my primary option before I got contacts, which is the way to go.

Where did you see Oakley M-Frames with prescription lenses for that price?

I personally wear M-Frames w/helo kit with contacts, and agree that they are an excellent choice for eyewear.  However I have only seen single vision prescription lenses for them for over $300.00, nothing affordable enough for airsoft only use. I would definitely be interested in finding cheaper prescription lenses for them.

Centurion

• Trade Count: (1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 08:11:02 PM »
After doing some further research, the M-frame option would be more expensive, especially if you don't already have lenses. I was going to re-purpose my sports glasses lenses to fit the Rx inserts, drastically reducing cost for in situation. My bad on that.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 10:19:18 PM by Centurion »

BlackJack

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 09:27:29 PM »
I'll probably do the Revision Desert Locust. Any way to get them mirrored aftermarket?