Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Start up field  (Read 6791 times)

tackyaardvark25

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Start up field
« on: March 14, 2017, 09:31:47 PM »
Hello
My name is Andrew and I am trying to start up a new airsoft field. I am new to this forum and I hope I am not breaking any rules by posting this. However, I was hoping that you may be able to help me out by answering some questions for me to assist in industry market research for my up and coming field.

How far do you travel to play airsoft?
• How often do you play per month?
• How many BB’s do you use during the spand of All Day Play(12 hours)?
• Do you purchase lunch from the fields you play at?
• What do you like/dislike about the current fields you play on? (Design/Layout, Services, Fees)
• What do you consider a fair price at a top quality field or event?
• If a field was designed and run specifically for airsoft, I.e. no paintballers, would you be willing to…
A. Travel Farther? How far?
B. Pay more?
C. Play more often?
• How often do you visit an actual business licensed airsoft field?
• How much monthly do you spend on airsoft?
• Are you apart of a team?
• Would you attend during special events, regular daily play or both?
•Are you interested in State/League competition play?
• Do you enjoy teaching new players?
I understand it is a decent amount of questions but any help would be greatly appreciated.

TauterTwiggy

• Trade Count: (1)
    • View Profile
Re: Start up field
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 11:09:03 AM »
• How far do you travel to play airsoft? Average 1 hour, max 4+ hours
• How often do you play per month? Twice a month
• How many BB’s do you use during the spand of All Day Play(12 hours)? Depends on length of games and if limited to semi only. average I'd say it about 1500 rounds for an AEG.
• Do you purchase lunch from the fields you play at? If it's available.
• What do you like/dislike about the current fields you play on? (Design/Layout, Services, Fees) Fields vary so wildly in design. Personally I like the field setups at lone wolf and hells survivors best for outdoor, and MCA for indoors. Definitely needs a mix of speedsoft (high amounts of cover and tight sight lines) and larger areas with bounding cover (for snipers and dmrs). Matrix airsofts field has some great flanking paths in some high reeds that were super nice as well. HPA fills are a must have nowadays with the number of Polarstars you will see. Having a sports shop with the common needed items (barrel bags, mesh masks, speed loaders, bbs, green gas) is a must to support the players. Average price is around $15-20/person for a standard rec style game, but can be as much as $100/person or more for special events.

• What do you consider a fair price at a top quality field or event? Depends if it's a special event, rec game, sponsored, props, etc. anything from $50 to $200 is fair depends on the event and the special effects/raffles involved.

• If a field was designed and run specifically for airsoft, I.e. no paintballers, would you be willing to…

It depends less of if a field includes paintball or not and more what is special that field offers that sets it apart from other fields. Whether it's a larger AO, special bunkers/trenchs/buldings setup, a special game type or prop, or have vehicles in use. Those sort of things I'd be willing to pay more of a premium for or to travel farther to. (Black ops airsoft has a helicopter they bring in every other weekend for instance)

• How often do you visit an actual business licensed airsoft field? twice a month.
• How much monthly do you spend on airsoft? $500-$1000
• Are you apart of a team? Nope
• Would you attend during special events, regular daily play or both? Special events more likely depending on where it is located. I try to travel to every field in michigan to give them all a shot and share my experiences with others.
•Are you interested in State/League competition play? If you can figure out a way to have a fair "competitive" airsoft game let me know.

• Do you enjoy teaching new players? Definitely, I spend most of my time chatting with new players and trying to share what I have learned to build this hobby.

Feel free to email me at thewhitewolf079@gmail.com if you have any more questions.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 06:53:42 PM by TauterTwiggy »

tackyaardvark25

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 11:57:25 AM »
Thank you for your input I appreciate it a lot

OneManArmy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 04:49:39 PM »
How far do you travel to play airsoft? ... 35-50 Minutes, But Farther if the field is awesome...
• How often do you play per month?  ... .3 times?
• How many BB’s do you use during the spand of All Day Play(12 hours)? 2-4K
• Do you purchase lunch from the fields you play at? Generally no, if there is fast food available in proximity
• What do you like/dislike about the current fields you play on? (Design/Layout, Services, Fees)
Static Design... Leads to Same Game Over and Over again... lacking room to manuver... i.e. one or two choke points control the whole field... not enough cover to move / too big of open spaces...

• What do you consider a fair price at a top quality field or event? $20-25 paintball quality, $100 /day Milsim quality
A. Travel Farther? How far? 1.5 hours...
B. Pay more? I would, but really the greatest cost is the travel time / mileage...
C. Play more often? sure
• How often do you visit an actual business licensed airsoft field? every few months
• How much monthly do you spend on airsoft? $50-$200
• Are you apart of a team?
• Would you attend during special events, regular daily play or both? I like scheduled events that ensure a good player count & special events...
•Are you interested in State/League competition play?
• Do you enjoy teaching new players?
I understand it is a decent amount of questions but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solstice

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 10:48:15 AM »
How far do you travel to play airsoft? Usually around 70-100 miles
How often do you play per month? I shoot for twice a month
How many BB’s do you use during the spand of All Day Play(12 hours)? 2,000 - 5,000
Do you purchase lunch from the fields you play at? No I pack my own
What do you like/dislike about the current fields you play on? (Design/Layout, Services, Fees) I like the variety of fields, mostly when there are areas that are specific for CQB or long range.
What do you consider a fair price at a top quality field or event? Top quality $35-50
If a field was designed and run specifically for airsoft, I.e. no paintballers, would you be willing to…
A. Travel Farther? How far? It doesn't bother me that much.
B. Pay more?
C. Play more often?

How often do you visit an actual business licensed airsoft field? Often
How much monthly do you spend on airsoft? ~$50
Are you apart of a team? No
Would you attend during special events, regular daily play or both? Both
Are you interested in State/League competition play? Sounds interesting
Do you enjoy teaching new players? I don't mind it