Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Milsim required???  (Read 10450 times)

Outlaw

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Milsim required???
« on: March 14, 2017, 09:58:28 PM »
I like my camo just as much as the next guy, but I'm seeing some games talking about required bdu's, colors, and patterns. Is this a norm or am I mostly free to dress how I want? Never had to worry about a required uniform.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 02:57:21 AM by Outlaw »

T6e9a

• Trade Count: (10)
    • View Profile
Re: Milsim required???
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 02:24:34 AM »
It depends on the milsim. Most require at a minimum that your BDUs are of a pattern/camo that corresponds to your team. This being said, your gear color/pattern does not(again, depends on the milsim). This is to help distinguish between different teams/squads/factions without armbands or other REC game distinguishing concepts.
Offering airsoft repair, upgrades, tuning and customization, check out: Tange Six Airsoft Teching Facebook
Check out what I have for sale: Tango Six MIA sale thread

Outlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 02:56:40 AM »
I see, so I can expect this at casual games, not just large scenarios.

TauterTwiggy

• Trade Count: (1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 11:10:49 AM »
It is reasonable to assume you can wear anything to a rec game but for scenarios or larger OPs you will need scenario specific camo.

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 07:34:04 PM »
Exactly, if it's a milsim game they usually will require camo of a specific color for each team to give target ID rather than say arm bands or some other method. This is part for the look and part for target ID. The guys spending big bucks would rather get out and do more of a simulation experience and honestly a guy in a florescent hoodie can ruin that to a degree unless of course there is a civilian faction then typically it's pretty open. So that is always an option if you want to play a milsim and don't want to run camo. Actually for my games(in the UP so it's unlikely anyone reading this will be attending), one of the things I do is run camo vs. civilians since we don't have a large group and that makes target ID a bit easier while not punishing the guys who don't own or want to buy camo. It works well for us but may not work for other places/fields.

Recreational games as mentioned are usually more lax, but I tend to run somewhat the same regs when possible because it's just easier to target ID that way.

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

Gimpalong

• Old school member
  • I make maps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 02:18:19 PM »
A little late to this party, but:

most events are structured tan camos versus green camos with each side having a list of common camos to select from. So, for example, if you want to play on the tan side, you can't go wrong owning a set of DCUs, Arid MARPAT or Multicam. Likewise, for the green side, M81 woodland, temperate MARPAT, OD, etc.

It gets more complicated once you start to talk about the bigger national events - these may have much more specific camo requirements.