Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: HYBRID: Operation Throwdown II, Copemish, MI 6/25/2016  (Read 17123 times)

deputy865

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
HYBRID: Operation Throwdown II, Copemish, MI 6/25/2016
« on: April 26, 2016, 04:13:02 PM »
It's finally here! We plan to do 2 events this year, so be prepared!

Join the Facebook group!! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1868864346674296/

Date: Saturday, June 25th, 2016
Feel free to camp with us on June 24th and stay through June 26th!

Anyone under the age of 18 will need a parent/guardian to sign waiver and is required to wear a full face mask! Minimum age to attend is 13.

Cost: $40/person, $50 at the door

Included with cost:
- Free camping; electricity, water and bathroom on site
- Event entry
- Free raffle entry
- Free air fills for HPA users
- *NEW* Free Kill TCP/Throwdown Kill rag
- *NEW* Free gun rental! We have 10 guns available to rent free of charge for any attending player. First come, first serve basis, reserve yours right away!
- More to come!

Event Schedule:

Friday, June 24th
5:00pm - Gates are open to campers!
Field walk, meet and greet, campfire and possible light skirmish!

Saturday, June 25th
9:00am - Doors open for chrono & registration
11:30am - Briefing
12:00pm - Game Starts
3:00pm - Lunch Break + Raffle
4:00pm - Game Resumes; Change sides
(Breaks are subject to change)
7:00pm - 5v5 Tournament/Break (See 5v5 info below)
8:00pm - Regular Game Resumes
10:00pm - Event End
Campfire, debrief and hangout to commence!

Sunday, June 26th
Free rec. play for those who decide to stay
5:00pm Gates closed

About TC Paintball Copemish
The field is 55 acres with something for everyone! Half of the field is comprised of a "Combat Town" with all man-made bunkers including cars, castles, huts and more. The other half of the field is all woodland, both thick and thin with small villages sprinkled about. Easy to navigate trail system as well! If you played with us for Throwdown I, you will be pleased to hear the castle is now MUCH MUCH larger! Should promote some awesome play. There will also be guns, gear, BB's, batteries, accessories and much more for sale. Food and beverages are also available for purchase. Valken is a sponsor and will also be on site. There are restroom rooms, running water and electricity available and we will have a charging station for all of our AEG users. Free air fills for HPA users and gun rentals (limited to 10!). 4+ refs will also be out in the field making sure the game runs smoothly; they have been truly amazing in the past! Photographers will also be wandering around. If something isn't covered, feel free to ask. The entire facility and staff are fantastic!

Gameplay
The Throwdown is very unique in its own way and has been since dubbed a "MilSim-Lite". I would never go as far to call the event a full-on MilSim, but it certainly will put you into some MilSim situations, or, at the very least a MilSim mindset. During the event, there will be 10+ objectives to complete for both sides. Sometimes you're playing offense, sometimes you're playing defense and sometimes you're racing to get there first. All you need to know is that the objectives are Pass/Fail and only 1 team can earn the points! The kicker: No one knows when the objectives will be passed out! Just like in a real life situation, things happen at random... so do our objectives. During the event, refs will hand out objectives at a teams HQ. Teams will need to read the objective and carry it out. All objectives are time sensitive. It will take team work, communication and critical thinking to effectively pass all objectives. There will also be "all day" objectives. The castle will be up for capture and whichever team owns the castle at specific times, they will earn points. You will be kept very busy between completing objectives or attempting to capture the castle!

5v5
We stop all play for the 5v5 tournament. This gives time for players to take a rest as well as watch and/or participate in the tournament. CQB/Mid-range guns are only permitted. Squads of 5 from each team will go head to head on a close quarters course in a Team Deathmatch style play. When a match is over, the next squads of 5 will step up and face off against each other. The team (Green or Tan) who wins the the most matches in 1 hour wins the tournament and points for their team! This is a very fast paced and fun 1 hour of play as well as a good way to test your squads ability to lay it down under stress and high speed play!

Game Rules
- MIA FPS Limits in effect
- Semi Only except for true Support Weapons
- Full Seal required, full face mask required for anyone 17 or under
- Medic Rules are To Be Determined.

More game details to come!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 08:45:44 PM by Gimpalong »

Shift

• View Profile
Re: HYBRID: Operation Throwdown II, Copemish, MI 6/25/2016
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 07:31:43 PM »
Is there going to be any event patch?

Gimpalong

• Old school member
  • I make maps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 09:12:21 AM »
Shift,

I don't think so. You should PM Deputy865 directly and ask.

Also, check the event page on Facebook for the latest information:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1868864346674296/

deputy865

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 09:52:47 AM »
Is there going to be any event patch?

Not yet. Patches are definitely something we intend to do in the events to come though. For now we are working on a kill-rag/barrel bag combo to give to players who come out to play.

Shane

Harvester

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 05:17:47 PM »
Is there a way too reserve a spot in advance but pay at the door? If so I'm interested because I don't have PayPal.

deputy865

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 03:48:50 PM »
Is there a way too reserve a spot in advance but pay at the door? If so I'm interested because I don't have PayPal.

Yes, we can accommodate you but would not be able to honor the preregistration amount.

Breathe

• I'm Air powered!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2016, 01:51:10 AM »
Looks like the Bay Mills group will be having 5 for sure, possibly 6. Has the paypal information for TC paintball remained the same? I will begin putting in pre-pays.

deputy865

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2016, 08:27:35 AM »
Looks like the Bay Mills group will be having 5 for sure, possibly 6. Has the paypal information for TC paintball remained the same? I will begin putting in pre-pays.

Yes sir it has! Can't wait to see you guys out there again! Green team definitely needed some extra guys!

Breathe

• I'm Air powered!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2016, 03:44:12 AM »
I sent my payment but forgot to mention we are on green team.

Put 2 from the BMAG on green team for now. We will have more later this week.

Beach

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2016, 09:58:54 PM »
 Is there a pre-pay deadline(I don't see one, what does the roster look like? )  I have possibly 8 from SOG Airsoft Of Battle Creek for Green SOG Airsost of Battle Creek 

deputy865

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2016, 08:25:32 AM »
Is there a pre-pay deadline(I don't see one, what does the roster look like? )  I have possibly 8 from SOG Airsoft Of Battle Creek for Green SOG Airsost of Battle Creek

No pre-pay deadline this year! Roster is looking real nice with more flowing in. I'll be getting with the refs and staff today to go over event details and get an exact number.

The action will always keep you busy! Non-stop objectives going on.

EDIT: Join the Facebook page for more details, pictures, etc. Easier to chat with me directly there as well!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 08:27:42 AM by deputy865 »

Breathe

• I'm Air powered!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2016, 02:58:29 PM »
So far our group consists of'

Josh W.
Joe C.
Brighton L.
Paul L.

We are prepaid for Green team. We should have one more for sure. We have a possible #6 on the way.

deputy865

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2016, 12:27:46 PM »
Only a few more days! Can't wait to see everyone out there!

Players may show up as early as 5:00pm on Friday for camping. If you didn't preregister, you can still show up on Friday to camp and pay at the door once registration opens on Saturday.

Briefing starts at 11:00am Saturday, ends at 11:30am, leaving 30 minutes for teams/squads to get together and organize for the game to start at noon!

Breathe

• I'm Air powered!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2016, 01:26:52 PM »
Last year the Chrono station was a serious bottleneck. Will it be open earlier this year?

deputy865

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2016, 03:23:10 PM »
Last year the Chrono station was a serious bottleneck. Will it be open earlier this year?

Yes, we will have that going early. I might even see about getting it going on Friday to push some through.