Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Forum messaging system  (Read 7880 times)

kjones734

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
    • View Profile
Forum messaging system
« on: August 25, 2016, 01:02:35 PM »
Is it just me or is the private messaging system on this forum rather horrible? Why do i want to see all my messages in order regardless of who they came from? I got a message yesterday and replied to it, since then i got 4 more message from other people. The first messages responds and i see his message but i also see the 4 other messages mixed in and i have to go digging to find the guys origanal message. When i open a message i should only see the dialog between me and that person not all of my messages with everyone i ever talked to.

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
Re: Forum messaging system
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 11:04:03 AM »
Alrighty actually just started looking and threaded messaging is supported just not the default. That system of messaging from memory started back when Palm originally made PDA's.

None the less when your in the PM inbox left side bottom link is "change settings", then on the next page go to "display personal messages" right now it's set to "all at once" change that to "conversation" and then when you click on a message or sender it should show you the whole back and forth between you two then you can see it.

I believe that's what you're hunting for but if not shoot me a note and I'll look into it further.

Take care!
Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

kjones734

• Old school member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 08:06:21 AM »
Thank you very much. That is exactly what i was looking for. It is so much nicer now.

Morley112

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 11:11:33 AM »
Thanks! This is so much better, I had the same problem.