Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mag Pull Midcap Not Feeding Properly G&G CM16  (Read 9466 times)

TauterTwiggy

• Trade Count: (1)
    • View Profile
Mag Pull Midcap Not Feeding Properly G&G CM16
« on: October 04, 2015, 09:20:28 PM »
I  recently purchased 2 mag pull mid cap magazines for my CM16. I took them out this weekend to test out and found they were feeding poorly for the entire clip. On strictly semi-automatic they fed once every 2 trigger pulls or so. On fully auto it was sporadic at best.

How would I go about addressing the feeding issue? The magazines have  bit of give forward and backward when slotted into the receiver, so would tapping the mags make a difference? What are some other possible solutions?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 05:52:09 PM by TauterTwiggy »

Zzan

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Re: Mag Pull Midcap Not Feeding Properly G&G CM16
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 10:20:46 AM »
I would suggest pressing on it from different angles while firing to see if you can figure out what isn't lining up correctly.  For my gun I found I had to hold the magazines forward and push up for them to feed correctly.  To fix I put some material (loop side adhesive velcro) in the back of the magwell so that my mags sat far enough forward and up to connect properly with the hop up.

TauterTwiggy

• Trade Count: (1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 09:48:40 PM »
So I have tried to rock/press/pull the mags in every direction I could imagine to see if it made a noticeable difference on the feeding but that did not seem to help nor hinder the feeding. Is it possible the spring in the mag may be an issue? The brand of BBs? Maybe I need to lubricate the mag in some fashion? Any other possible ideas or solutions someone may have or has anyone else had the same if not similar issues with mag pul mags?

MadBrax

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 10:09:00 PM »
It's the G&G combat machine raider itself. Mine doesn't feed K120 midcaps. I'm not sure what will work for it. But you are not the only one having the problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Puma1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 11:47:55 PM »
Personally I'd grab some non bio BB's, spray them with silicone spray and then fill your mags to capacity.   That's always worked for me.
You just want a light coating on the BB's - if you go to heavy you'll make a mess of your barrel and the like.
King Arms 'CQB' M4 -- King Arms 20" DMR -- King Arms 16" Rifle.
M81, Digital Marpat and Multicam.

My Buy/Sell ratings from 'old' MIA