Discussion Boards > Digital Entertainment

Thoughts on E3 this year?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Frag3K:
Hmm, my question regarding backwards compatibility on Xbox One would be: that if I'm playing a 360 game multiplayer, would I be able to party and party with my friends still on 360?

Zzan:
My question would be how is this going to be implemented.  Are they going to do something software wise that will allow the XBOne to read 360 discs? or are they going to create downloadable images of 360 games ported to XBOne, with costs waived for anyone that has that game present in their live profile.  My wife has my old 360 and all the games ready to be sold and I want to know if I need to keep the few games that I would like to play on my XBOne for when this happens so that I don't have to buy them again.

I hate when they present content for the sake of presenting something and don't give any useful details about how that is going to be implemented or work so that people can plan accordingly.

zephurah:
Personally I thought that Battlefront 3 looked great. The Frostbite engine is sooooo nice.

dizzyshot:
I watched some video on that backwards compatibility thing. In the fall an emulator will come out on Xbox One that will allow you to play 360 games. They will already have 100+ games in a library. If you purchased some games digitally, for example Mass Effect, then supposedly it will download that game automatically. If you have a physical copy of Mass Effect or any game in that library then you pop the disk in and it will download that game as well. This video may help a bit in explanation.

3-6Romeo:
No Man's Sky looks amazing! Fallout 4 looks amazing. EA's press conference didn't have much besides Battlefront. Bethesda's was amazing so was Microsoft's and Sony's. Ubisoft's games look great as usual. That's my thoughts on E3 so far this year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version