Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WTB: mags, springs, possibly more...  (Read 2922 times)

jmal

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
WTB: mags, springs, possibly more...
« on: July 12, 2018, 04:23:38 AM »
Hey all I'm just looking for M4 mags, M105 to M115 M4 AEG springs, and IDK what else I might need. Basically I only have one mag which is a highcap shorty mag, and the current FPS with a 6.01 barrel is under 300 which is way lower than I believe it should be. But if you happen to have one laying around let me know. I might be interested. Thanks.

Troutzor

• Sprayin' and Prayin' Since 2005.
    • View Profile
WTB: mags, springs, possibly more...
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 09:34:02 AM »
Where are you located? I have a mess of magazines that I will be putting up next week. I have a lot of Elite Force mids available if that strikes your fancy. I also have some hicaps too. 

Also, your velocity issue may be due to compression problems. You may want to start by checking the seals on your hop up if you just installed the TBB.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 09:35:42 AM by Troutzor »
Certified Externals Whore.

jmal

• View Profile
Re: WTB: mags, springs, possibly more...
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 11:09:09 AM »
Troutzor, I'm in Kalamazoo Michigan, what about you? Also the hop up is turned all the way down meaning no hop and still light firing.

Troutzor

• Sprayin' and Prayin' Since 2005.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 02:53:14 PM »
I’m in metro Detroit. I can ship/PayPal. I’m away from home for the week, but I can send you more info about what I have available once I’m back downstate. It shouldn’t cost much to ship across state. I usually do FedEx, and get excellent rates through my work.

As far as your velocity problem, it still sounds like a compression issue.  It’s easiest to check hop up and bucking seal first, some aftermarket buckings vary in thickness. Madbull buckings are thicker and sometimes don’t work with VFC hop up units just as an example. Any variation in the OD of the new barrel can create issues. If you’re using a ribbed bucking like a Maple Leaf, they usually get an awesome seal out of the box.

You could also have cylinder or nozzle leaks too. You really can’t tell unless you open the gearbox to check. Generally if you drop an M120 in and your getting less than 380 there’s a compression problem.

Should be noted that I’ve seen many good guns develop intermittent compression leaks in the cold. Seals shrink and expand depending on temperature. I’ve seen a Krytac pulled out of a cold car chrono at 240 FPS and an hour later after use gain 90 FPS once warmed up.

All that said springs do fatigue over time. So it could be the spring too. Especially stock springs that aren’t tempered or are made from inferior alloys.
Certified Externals Whore.

jmal

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 03:41:58 AM »
The downside is we're on opposite sides of Michigan lol... Anyways, for the velocity the last I knew it was still a stock spring, I never changed it out. I got this from a friend in a trade and have been working to get it to where I want it. I'm so close... But now, I've got a few upgrades to the internals... Also it's got a stock bucking and hop up for the gun, just put a longer TBB in. I wonder if maybe it needs an upgraded hopup as well but I think it might be slightly proprietary. In any case send me the info when you're back, no rush. I appreciate it.