Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Foam foot balls vs foam balls vs rubber caps  (Read 9674 times)

Zaku

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Seig Zeon!
    • View Profile
Foam foot balls vs foam balls vs rubber caps
« on: July 11, 2015, 04:50:52 PM »
I'm planning to go to MUTC in a few months, going to be tons of fun but there's going to be a lot of enemy AFVs on both sides, with this in mind, I want to arm up with some anti tank weapons. Long story short, it looks like an under slung grenade launcher will be easier to lug around and most cost effective. I'm going to have a GP-30 grenade launcher so the barrel is a tad short. My question is what would be the best ammo to use? Rubber caps or foam balls or foam footballs if they can even fit.

Praetor

• Trade Count: (3)
    • View Profile
Re: Foam foot balls vs foam balls vs rubber caps
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 06:11:17 PM »
I am strongly in favor of the foam balls because they are light weight, easy to reload into the grenades, small enough to carry many of them and in general have a longer range than rubber caps. The foam balls are definitely the way to go.

Pagan

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Old school member
  • Most people don't like me. I'm cool with that.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 06:31:12 PM »
Having used both, footballs have FAR greater range.  I've been able to hit vehicle targets at football field ( 100 yards) length distances and have seen others reach out even farther.

The foam balls have no where near that distance and accuracy.

Zaku

• Seig Zeon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 11:15:54 PM »
Thanks for the input guys.

Problem:

Footballs will not  fit in the GP30 (I feel stupid for not thinking of this before) so it's rubber caps or foam balls.

I did see some good shots with foam balls at MUTC but those rubber caps, I wonder how they work out in the field.

Now I'm thinking about an RPG 7 or get a M72 and use foam footballs in them. Thoughts? Does the RPG/M72 have a larger range vs grenade launchers? Guessing yes but I might be wrong.

My tactic idea:

Grenade launcher for short ranged or quick snap shots vs AFVs. RPG/M72 for longer ranges.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 11:20:43 PM by Zaku »

Combat Junkies Airsoft

• Combat Junkies Squad leader and co-founder
    • View Profile
    • Combat Junkies Airsoft
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 03:24:39 PM »
What I do is trim the sides of the footballs so they fit all the way in the tube but still have a good air seal. You can also cut the tail off if length is an issue. Nerf is the way to go as they can be found at most Walmart and dollar stores.

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 03:34:27 PM »
Just curiosity from someone who's never messed with grenade launchers in game until recently. Is there a particular nerf football that guys are using? Been sort of digging into this recently and haven't found much consensus.

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

Pagan

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Old school member
  • Most people don't like me. I'm cool with that.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 05:45:24 PM »
Just curiosity from someone who's never messed with grenade launchers in game until recently. Is there a particular nerf football that guys are using? Been sort of digging into this recently and haven't found much consensus.

Luke

I've used these with great results.. Obviously you can find them a bit cheaper as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Nerf-N-Sports-Pocket-Flyer-Football/dp/B0069TIEVS