Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Airsoft field options  (Read 6777 times)

Centurion

• Trade Count: (1)
    • View Profile
Airsoft field options
« on: February 08, 2016, 09:02:12 PM »
Hey guys, I am a noob that is finally moving within range of an airsoft field; previously I was up in the Thumb, where there seems to be a lack of airsoft players. I have been looking at Hells Survivors, Phoenix, and Eastside as possible places to play, as they all are about an hour and a half away. Any suggestions on a good place for a noob to start? Have I missed any fields around Saginaw? I haven't got any serious guns yet (thinking about renting first), so I have no preference toward cqb or field. Just looking for a place to get a good grip of the game. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Praetor

• Trade Count: (3)
    • View Profile
Re: Airsoft field options
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 09:21:16 PM »
The only place on your list that I have been to is Hells Survivors when the Bastards have held events. Except for when that happens they are primarily a paintball field. I would suggest Action Paintball where Pagan holds events once the weather is better. Welcome to the community!

Troutzor

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sprayin' and Prayin' Since 2005.
    • View Profile
Re: Airsoft field options
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 08:57:14 AM »
Eastside and Phoenix are a great place to start.  Both are indoors CQB Fields, and both will have rentals available. A big plus too, is these fields are usually walk-on rec games, so they're a great place to start. While outdoor fields and CQB fields have very a very different feel in terms of the activity, CQB is fast and there is a ton of action, for newcomers should be a great experience.  Both Eastside and Phoenix have decent turnouts on Fridays and Saturdays, so you'll have plenty of opportunity to mingle with other players. Both fields also have gear shops so you'll get a change to see and touch some gear, which will help you with your future purchasing decisions.

Action in Taylor is one of my favorite outdoor fields, I wish they'd hold more events. I'm very thankful to Pagan and his crew for putting on those events. The nice thing is that the turnout there has been huge, the last few times I attended in 2015, the crowd swelled to near 100 players.

My advice: Get out and play some CQB before spring starts and the outdoor fields get humming again. Hopefully by then you'll be hooked and packing your own gear for the fair weather months!

Welcome!
Certified Externals Whore.