Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Right section I hope? Kwa ATP questions.  (Read 11115 times)

SilkMudah

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Right section I hope? Kwa ATP questions.
« on: November 15, 2016, 01:40:18 AM »
Anyone here own a kwa ATP like this one in the link?

http://www.evike.com/products/43496

Was thinking about getting a new pistol to treat myself for Christmas but wanted to see if anyone owns it and if they enjoyed it and how it ran.

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
Re: Right section I hope? Kwa ATP questions.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 04:29:36 PM »
I don't own one, but I've looked them over pretty close. I've owned a fair number of KSC/KWA Glocks over the years, and still own several.

The brunt of it in my experience is that basically it's a KWA Glock same as always in a different shaped skin. I'm not positive but I suspect you could swap slides, I know you can swap mags between them and the old system since I've done it. But overall I think it's safe to assume that you can read the old reviews of KWA glocks and get a good impression on the system as a whole.

GBB's and I have a love/hate relationship, and it leans towards hate more often than not. As such I don't really use them often and our weather doesn't help. But out of the GBB's I own and brands I own which is 10+ right now. I like the KWA slightly just slightly better than the others I've got. About the only major GBB company from the old days I don't have on hand is a TM. I've got good solid TM clone guns from companies that haven't existed though in 10+ years. And I'd say I still just slightly like the KSC/KWA better. The only GBB I'd say I liked even more than them is the WA guns I've run over the years, but allot of guys didn't care for them either.

So if you can get over the styling I think they are probably a good choice.

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

TauterTwiggy

• Trade Count: (1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 07:03:49 PM »
Just bought the KWA ATP-SE myself and was messing around with it and my old KSC g18c parts. the ATP-SE parts are compatible with the G18c save for the outer barrel it seems. The inner barrel on the ATP is only a tad longer. I have two issues with my ATP however and the first is also present on my KSC g18c. The selector switch will fall from semi to safe or hop from auto to safe from the recoil on the gun and I haven't found a way to remedy it yet. The second issue is the KWA mag that came with my pistol seems to have a leak at the gas fill valve and I get about 3-4 shots before it is empty. Hopefully a quick valve replacement should fix it or possibly disassembling the mag and lubricating the O ring inside but I'll let you know after I complete my fixes. The g18c magazine does work in the ATP and works better than the ATP mag. Also planning on buying some ATP parts from KWA to fix my g18c which I think I still prefer over the ATP.

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 07:34:53 PM »
I will say something I ran into might help someone else. I believe it was RA tech that made a CO2 mag for KWA Glocks I ended up with 4 of them that are broken, IE the valves are garbage which I hear was an issue with them. None the less they come with a red rubber piece at the top of the mag, gas seal I guess lacking a better term. It's the portion of the mag that seals to the chamber in the slide. Either way they are slightly taller than the stock KWA parts, and I stole all of them for my other mags. Doing so gained me FPS and consistency that I haven't seen in ages from my old KWA Glock 19's;) I'm not sure if it's because the guns are so dang worn out or something else I haven't noticed is worn. Either way those gas seals make the guns go from sluggish and low recoil to feeling more like I remember when they were new. If your having issues I'm not sure you can buy them alone anywhere but it's worth the upgrade;)

Luke

TauterTwiggy

• Trade Count: (1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 08:06:10 PM »
I actually have one of those mags as well. Bought it for my g18c and the first was a lemon so I sent it back. The second I was sent had the same issue so it's just been collecting dust since I gave up on it. I might have to try that out, thanks for the tip Luke.

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 08:37:23 PM »
Not a problem, I just happened to do it on a whim. I had tried to shim that seal since I had read that suggestion somewhere. And it helped but not enough to really solve some of the issues I was running into. But changing that to those red seals, hot dang did it help.

Now I wish I could find them not that I need more right now, but find them for around $5 a piece or some more reasonable price than buying mags for the one good part;)

Luke

Zzan

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2016, 11:31:27 AM »
I have the standard Semi only KWA ATP and I love it.  No issues at all with it.