Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Need help with As-Val  (Read 8194 times)

Hazey

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Need help with As-Val
« on: January 20, 2018, 12:12:56 AM »
Hello all,

I've had my very sexy As-Val I got from Evike but have never been able to access the battery compartment... I know I am slower than most people however I really can't figure this out. A Link to the exact gun I got is gonna be posted at the bottom. Its a folding stock rifle so the battery goes in the front but I cant access it. There's two Allen head screws were the outer barrel meets the foregrip but reviews I've read online say to never unscrew those sense they hold your gun together or something along those lines. I tried unscrewing the orange tip to no avail, so I decided to remove the orange tip which I was able to do... But that messed with the inner barrel a little bit :P They took the orange tip you see and glued it on, but on the inside, they also glued a standard m4 birdcage flash hider backwards to hold the inner barrel in place... Just looking for ideas and suggestions

Link: http://www.evike.com/products/58101/
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 09:33:53 AM by Hazey »

TauterTwiggy

• Trade Count: (1)
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with As-Val
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 02:20:27 PM »
Looks to me like the whole outer barrel should unscrew from the front, not the orange tip.

Hazey

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with As-Val
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 02:16:57 AM »
Hello and thank you for your thoughts. I just tried to unscrew the outer barrel to no avail :( Nothing budged and I didn't want to try any harder in fear of breaking a gun I never even got to shoot. Although while fidgeting with the barrel my hand slipped and smacked the ak-47 style iron sight revealing an Allen head screw that might be the key to this whole mess so I will update this post after I remove that sucker

Update: Nope, Well I don't know for sure sense they super glued and tightened the screw down so damn hard. The screw heads nearly stripped now. S&T is not a company I like anymore, this gun is really cool and all but dear god this shouldn't be difficult. I don't even want the gun anymore because of this shit so I'm going to add it into my commence sale thread with a little package. But anyways I removed both screws on the sides of the outer barrel even though the internet said not to and literally was able to do nothing. The whole outer barrel slides up a little bit but then it catches on some internal part and wont move so that's no help. Oh well though :'( I wanted this gun to be my everything :'(
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 02:31:45 AM by Hazey »