Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: CA MK18  (Read 21941 times)

Puma1

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
CA MK18
« on: February 16, 2018, 03:50:39 PM »
I was about to pull the trigger on a new VFC Avalon when someone offered me one of the classic army MK 18 rifles currently being sold on airsoft GI for a better price.

I’d like to save the $170 if I can so my question here is this: I know classic Army has improved recently however is it enough that they could be used for a primary without significant upgrade? I know they have a mosfet and a 6.03 barrel now but I don’t know much about the other internals. Those of you who have experience with the new classic army line do you consider them good enough to have good longevity as well as performance or are they still middle tier at best?

What’s your recommendation here?  I’m not finding a ton online so i’m coming here to the place I trust most.
King Arms 'CQB' M4 -- King Arms 20" DMR -- King Arms 16" Rifle.
M81, Digital Marpat and Multicam.

My Buy/Sell ratings from 'old' MIA

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
Re: CA MK18
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 06:10:08 PM »
I hope someone will have some good info, myself I haven't had any hands on time with the current stuff only the old stuff. And of course the old stuff has it's fair share of issues BUT I'll say they are still a favorite of mine gun wise. Great guns once you fix them up;)

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

T6e9a

• Trade Count: (10)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 09:24:06 PM »
I can't stop singing praise on the Avalons, especially since I just had the chance to work on one the other day, purely for FPS tuning and deans. Avalon compared to older VFC and even Krytac, are just so much more worth it.

Quick change spring guide, basic mosfet, Neodymium magnet motor, VFC gearbox (which are more receptive to internal upgrades with much less hassle than Krytac, and plenty durable), amazing shot to shot consistency, comfortable and convenient QRS furniture (I love the stock), and all around general VFC external build quality.

All of this speaks "out of the box" and plug in a battery and it shows you it can perform.
Offering airsoft repair, upgrades, tuning and customization, check out: Tange Six Airsoft Teching Facebook
Check out what I have for sale: Tango Six MIA sale thread

Pagan

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Old school member
  • Most people don't like me. I'm cool with that.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 07:32:40 AM »
The Avalon series are phenomenal.

I've had my krytac mk2 for about a year and a half and my Avalon for a little over a year. I can honestly say since I've picked up the Avalon it's been my go to.

It's worth the money, hands down.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 10:15:48 AM by Pagan »

Troutzor

• Sprayin' and Prayin' Since 2005.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2019, 07:42:10 AM »
NECROPOST!!

So, to date, I’ve owned three (3) Avalons (gen1). They were all beautiful guns, but in the end the magazine compatibility issue is what bit me. It seemed like the only magazine that fed right was the QRS magazine that came with the gun. I was endlessly frustrated by this. I shimmed the mag wells, I even swapped out hop up units and still couldn’t get it perfect. This drove me to the brink of madness.

After seeing the impressive performance of the CA Scarab in the field, and being a wits end with VFC, on an incredibly enticing bundle offered by ASGI grabbed a Classic Army Nemesis HEX.

Oh my...I haven’t looked back.

I have since sold off all of the Avalon guns I had. I’ve also picked up several more CA Nemesis guns (including the 9mm version).

My only complaint so far is the paint job is subpar. VFC had a beautiful finish, King Arms has excellent finishes too. Classic Army scratches from just rubbing in my PC, I swear.

In recent days CA has released a MK18 Nemesis, and if someone is in the market for a MK18 build, I suggest looking at that beauty. From my experience so far, it may be one of the best out of the box MK18s for the price.

Also must mention that Marui’s recoil shock MK18 looks dope. I think it’s licensed to boot.

Also, also, I have no experience with Gen2 Avalons. I really hope they fixed the magazine issues.
Certified Externals Whore.

Troutzor

• Sprayin' and Prayin' Since 2005.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2021, 10:37:25 PM »
Necro-update!

So I did purchase the CA MK18. Again, got it on a really nice combo deal with the KLI Baba Yaga (OEM CA).
Did I need an MK18? Nope, not at all. I just really wanted a gun worthy of transforming into a bullpup using the SRU Bullpup AR kit.

Initial impressions: Not the nicest build I’ve ever seen. Butt stock is okay, I’d probably swap it. Grip is classic A2 style, not exciting. Front end is decent, no issues. Receiver not exciting, it is full aluminum. Internals feel good, it’s tuned nicely like the rest of the Nemesis  line. Wait...what’s this? Where’s the 30K motor? This one is a 25K-that sucks! Huh, what the...standard TM buffer tube? Not a true quick change spring?! WTF!  This is starting to feel more and more like Proline and not Nemesis.

Let me collect myself...okay. Performance is still excellent, just a few annoying external parts details...I have a spare 30K motor, this is fine.

Now for that SRU build...

Whether or not this thing has now been desecrated or is some sort of unholy abomination, I don’t care. I now have a space-gun bullpup with programmable trigger that it reaching out to 250’ without much internal modification. Soon to debut at a field near you (assuming this pandemic lets up—stupid COVID).

Certified Externals Whore.