Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PCCs  (Read 12763 times)

Troutzor

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sprayin' and Prayin' Since 2005.
    • View Profile
PCCs
« on: April 15, 2019, 09:05:18 PM »
I’m loving the CA X9 platform. Check out my custom build!

CA X9 PDW
Krytac SDP hand-guard
Ares M45X-S Type B Blade Stock
Modify Hybrid 6.03 TBB 141mm
Maple Leaf Bucking
SMG/Pistol Sights

Solid 350 FPS for CQB.
I’m planning on a Kydex holster for my battle belt to run it as a backup for outdoor games. A good compliment to a bolt action or DMR.

What do you think? Have you jumped on the PCC bandwagon? Post your builds!
Certified Externals Whore.

Echthelion

• Trade Count: (1)
  • It is only a game, have the best time ever.
    • View Profile
Re: PCCs
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 10:21:26 AM »
Nice! Set up.

Invictus maneo

I_has_potato

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 01:10:28 PM »
This looks awesome! Definitely one of best looking 9mm ars I've seen. I really dig the buffer tube stock unstead of pdw, and the sdp hanguard is super unique.

What would you say is your favorite thing about the platform?

T6e9a

• Trade Count: (10)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 08:14:29 PM »
I recently acquired a G&G ARP 9 for a good deal, and was unsure what I wanted to do with it. Ended up liking it more than anticipated. Traded externals around quite a bit, but think I found the setup I like. DSG setup, with rather impressive compression that I had to use a shorter barrel and AoE on the cylinder head to drop it to 335fps.
Offering airsoft repair, upgrades, tuning and customization, check out: Tange Six Airsoft Teching Facebook
Check out what I have for sale: Tango Six MIA sale thread

Troutzor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 07:12:03 PM »
The size is nice. It’s perfect for indoors. It’s balanced which makes it possible to one hand the gun when you need to. I will probably run it as a backup for a high powered field gun like a sniper rifle or DMR. My plan is to make a Kydex holster/platform to mount the gun to a battle belt. Also waiting for Classic Army to release the pistol length magazines for the X9. It will make it easier to carry as a sidearm.

So far I do like the magazines, reloads just feel different. Maybe it’s just that it’s new and fresh. It feels better than the reloads on my Systema MP5.  Mags are long, but in Condor SMG pouches with the flaps removed they run pretty well, fit snug, but remove smoothly. 

I haven’t messed with the ARP9 much, but my buddy hates the battery compartment in his and was super jealous of the battery compartment on the X9 when I was running it stock.

My favorite thing about the Nemesis platform in general is how versatile it is. The springs are east to swap without a full breakdown, similar to Ares. Trigger can be programmed on the fly without any tools or programming devices. I have three builds I run, with additional upper receivers for whatever mood I happen to be in.

T6e9a

• Trade Count: (10)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2019, 12:12:46 AM »
Its nice that the mags are cross compatible between the ARP9 and the X9. But yeah, stock battery space on the ARP sucks, and isn't much better with the extension. Hence why I immediately started playing around with the other stock options I had, and settled on the stubby full stock.

True, the ARP isn't as friendcly when it comes to spring changes, but that's not really a make or break for me.

Still have yet to run it, but I'm using it in place of my originr MP5 build with the same intent. The platform just seems more comfortable and serviceable. And I must say, I am thoroughly impressed with G&Gs newer compression systems/components.
Offering airsoft repair, upgrades, tuning and customization, check out: Tange Six Airsoft Teching Facebook
Check out what I have for sale: Tango Six MIA sale thread

Troutzor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2019, 08:39:04 PM »
Can’t go wrong with G&G. I’m just one of those sickos who has to have prototypical guns. I just can’t bring myself to buy a polymer replica (unless the real steel is polymer (and yes I know there are polymer AR patterned rifles)).

I am jealous of the thumb release for the mags though. I wish the X9 had the option.

Guts and Glory

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2019, 09:34:32 PM »
Not going to lie, I have been tempted to get my hands on one of G&G's "AK9" whenever they come out just to feel like part of this new resurgence of PCCs. ;)

Very nice builds everyone.
"In our hearts we - have done good and bad... we have exchanged fire, at both military and civilian during conflict.  We have been around the world since our time in the red sand of Afghanistan.  We have been waiting for war.  Waiting, waiting.  War is all we love"

Kapitan Balalaika

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2019, 11:03:54 AM »
I actually did something like this the other day, though it's currently running a full size m4 mag I haven't tossed an adapter in there but thinking about doing it to run MP5 mags. But we'll see it's gonna be a wait and see project, originally was just designing and building a super small m4 platform.

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

Troutzor

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2019, 07:17:40 AM »
That is cool! What is it based off of? It looks similar to the Amoeba PDW. I like the riser and MP5K style front. Do you have a parts breakdown? I assume the battery goes in the riser?

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2019, 07:23:33 AM »
So the m4 body is honestly one I had laying around, same with gearbox and internals, wiring is a bit weird since it goes up front the front into the upper section where the battery is housed.

As far as the rest of the parts, the rear cap, top compartment, and front grip it's all parts that I actually designed in cad and built out;) I'm thinking about offering a kit for sale but I'm going to do some slight revisions to make it a bit easier to handle an 11.1v and a little more room for the front wiring. But pretty minor revisions.

Design wise I like the Ares style and I grabbed some ideas off of their stuff, but I didn't dig their weird receiver so I wanted a standard one. And it was a bit longer than this build from memory, since I was shooting for as short as possible. Really I always wanted a full size AEG backup for running in winter with my sniper rifles so this was an attempt at that. Whether or not it will work in that role I don't know yet;) But it was fun to design and build either way;) And I do believe it would be a very handy in vehicle gun which I drive when I host out here, so it's surely going to see some use in that role. Though I've gotta design a kydex holster for it, right now it's setup for a sling but that's not really necessary a holster will do fine I think for this size of gun.

Luke

EDIT I attached a cross section analysis view from Fusion to show the internal setup of the end. Also the end cap is threaded, so it could be replaced with a suppressor. But since short was the plan I haven't built out that yet. Though I'll be getting on that eventually.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 07:27:48 AM by luke213 »

Troutzor

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2019, 07:59:38 AM »
OMG. That’s so cool. I would love this kit.

I have some design ideas just from looking at it. The Nemesis uses a real steel style buffer tube similar to Ares  and I’m not sure that the gearbox would lend itself to being front wired very well with the FCU and micro switches (I’m not feeling brave about that at the moment LOL). I would want to find a way to run the wiring from the back to the top compartment. Perhaps by extending the rail rearward and having it meet up with a small receiver extension that threads into the buffer tube socket. Maybe a custom charging handle would be cool here too.

Damn. I think I might need to get into the 3D printer game now...yikes.

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2019, 08:05:50 AM »
Well I might have designed several versions of this;) I actually did do a rear version originally, and a stock and a front end under barrel version;)

But this is the rough cut so to speak of the rear cap/rail all one piece version.

Really the 3d printing isn't the hard part so to speak, the harder part is learning cad and doing the design side of things;) But it sure is allot of fun;)

I've also got some other interesting projects brewing that are actually pretty much done just need to release them, one next weekend and then another one I've got to build. Some of the stuff I'm going to be making will be kits like this pistol, but some will be finished products ready to go. Mostly stuff I've always wanted or felt like no one did it the way I wanted it done etc. So expect some stuff for sale before too long;)

Luke

Troutzor

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2019, 11:48:06 AM »
....I need clean pants. This is gorgeous and almost exactly what I would need. I'd still need to figure out a way to have some clearance for the charging handle from the left side. Thats where a custom handle might come in. Add in a way to mount to the threaded receiver...and maybe some built in pistol style night sights...

Your design is awesome Luke! Keep it up!  ;D

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2019, 11:53:45 AM »
So this rough one is a slightly old revision I'm honestly not sure where the later one is at the moment;) I made like 5-6 variations and then picked the one I liked best out of the concepts but some got further than others. The later version of this has a piece that fits in flush to the rear of the receiver to fill the charging handle spot. I've got a bit of a thing where I generally try and make airsoft guns that *could* work in real life within reason(not that the original picture is a good example of that;) But since the real Olympic arms style guns put the spring system where we are putting the battery up top, the charging handle should go up in that area. And I might even put one in for aesthetic purposes in a later version.

But yeah I didn't really like the front wiring, honestly I hate front wired guns in general. But I wanted super duper short and that was a way to get there. Either way I'll keep working on some of these other versions since most are nearly complete anyhow;)

Luke

On sights I forgot, I was looking at doing pistol sights I didn't like how they worked, so I ordered some flip ups to try since I don't like the ones I have on hand. I think a micro red dot or something like that would be pretty good on this setup, but I might just make dovetails also so you could install some regular spec pistol sights. Who knows still thinking on that, right now my setup is point and spray which works fairly well actually;)