Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: E&L AK  (Read 8674 times)

Centurion

• Trade Count: (1)
    • View Profile
E&L AK
« on: May 05, 2019, 07:51:15 PM »
I bought a used and upgraded E&L AK74 Spartan. It shoots wonderfully but has some issues with firing semi and full auto on the correct switches. Is this a common issue for AKs?

T6e9a

• Trade Count: (10)
    • View Profile
Re: E&L AK
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 08:46:33 AM »
Yes, tolerances in the selector system can be wonky on AKs at times, and not just specific to E&Ls bit AKs in general can have the issue.
Offering airsoft repair, upgrades, tuning and customization, check out: Tange Six Airsoft Teching Facebook
Check out what I have for sale: Tango Six MIA sale thread

Guts and Glory

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Re: E&L AK
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 07:02:54 PM »
As someone who has had to battle this issue on multiple aegs, I echo what T6e9a said.  One solution besides the old pop can lid opener shim trick is to get the peg the lever sits atop of either welded or super glued in place.  Some selectors like the ICS ones are welded together by default, but they can get pretty pricey/hard to find.
"In our hearts we - have done good and bad... we have exchanged fire, at both military and civilian during conflict.  We have been around the world since our time in the red sand of Afghanistan.  We have been waiting for war.  Waiting, waiting.  War is all we love"

Kapitan Balalaika