Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: LPG Machine gun simulator  (Read 10906 times)

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
LPG Machine gun simulator
« on: June 05, 2016, 01:06:32 PM »
So guys another thought/project I've been rolling around I wanted to share at least the concept and hopefully get some ideas and suggestions from the community. Best I can search no one else has done this yet, but it seems like a logical direction for milsim and just general airsoft use.

So there are devices called machine gun simulators, typically used in reenactments etc, but they basically insert a flammable gas into an expansion chamber. This gives a loud report, some muzzle flash and a fairly convincing emulation of an actual gun firing. Since I've seen an expansion of blank firing guns in various nationwide milsim settings this is interesting. Blank firing though is fairly expensive, and you've somewhat got the issue of using real firearms even if adapted to fire only blanks etc. Also you don't have a projectile so it's a cool prop basically used in game.

So my idea of theory at this point is building a mounted gun like an M2 since it's a fairly simple shape etc. Doesn't have to be perfectly accurate just an approximation. Then building out a machine gun simulator if I can find plans and figure out how to do it. And that by itself would be really cool. But the addition I think for our application would be to build an airsoft gun, and mount the barrel near the muzzle of the machine gun simulator. I haven't ironed out the details and this is likely a long term project since I don't have the time or money to do it faster. But this would allow a full auto sound of machine gun fire, along with actual airsoft BB's and a firing mechanism to go along with it. You are safe in the sense your not firing BB's via an explosion, your just using the two systems at the same time to better emulate a real firearm. Since it would likely go through a fair amount of propane a mounted gun seems to make the most sense having a tank on board etc. Also weight from both systems and size means a larger mounted gun like the m2.

Here is an example of an LPG machine gun simulator:

Purpose of all of this and posting this, somewhat of a "when I build it or as I built it" I'll post more. But also more importantly I wanted to toss the idea out there if other people have more experience, money, time etc. Your welcome to use my idea I don't care of it's commercial or not. I just thought it was a cool way to make our games more interesting, and if someone else out there can take this idea to an actual functional device that would be very cool. If other guys have already thought of this, or built it, I'd love to know more about it. But this has been something that has been rolling around in my head the last few months just sorting out how I would do it.

Take care!

Luke

EDIT: I also found this in a link via a youtube video that shows a basic schematic of the design or at least a version of it.

http://visualcollector.com/OBLI/Vickers.htm
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 01:59:26 PM by luke213 »
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"