Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Lion claws OP IRENE in Detroit 2016!  (Read 39537 times)

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
Re: Lion claws OP IRENE in Detroit 2016!
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2016, 12:17:38 PM »
Guys I've got some questions since I'm going to try and make it to this one. How soon does registration close? Is it determined by how many players have confirmed or some other variation? I've long been familiar with Lion Claws events but every time I've looked into details I get irritated that the information seems to be available but laid out in about the worst way possible it seems;)

Also I'm trying to get together a group of guys from my area to convoy down and share rooms etc. I'd like to be able to bring us into the MIA fold so information on how teams are registered etc would be appreciated so that I can pass on word to my guys. We're very much in the still seeing if guys can get time off of work vacation schedules etc at this point. But I also don't want to miss out on the chance to get to the event either.

Also looking at the primary rules it looks like normal players are limited to around 400-410fps based on joules (1.55J) which shouldn't be a problem. I had somewhat considered the sniper role since that's what I typically run however I've got plenty of assault setups as well. I'd be curious if anyone has run the sniper role and how it worked out for you. I understand that it's up to Lion Claws approval and other contingencies more curious than anything else. More likely than not I'd be running as a normal rifleman though I will have to tune some guns to match spec since it's slightly lower than I've been running lately.

But more information would be appreciated from you guys who've attended their games in the past since I'm trying to aggregate as much information before hand to pass down the line as possible so everyone is ready. Oh and while I'm on that topic what is the general radio setup? Are guys running GMRS/FRS or HAM etc? I know the Baofeng's are popular but I'm not sure what configuration you guys are typically running since I suspect comm's will be very important as well.

And any other general information would be appreciated.

Take care!

Luke

Well guys I solved most of my questions by calling a buddy of mine that has gone to the last 12 OP Irene games. And the good news is I'm registered, I'll be rolling with him and his team along with a few of my guys from the UP. But we'll be there;)

And that after seeing the original OP Irene stuff back when it started, and wishing I could make it. I'm finally going to get out to a proper event from Lion Claws, and I get to play in the Packard plant sounds like a dream come true;)

Luke
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 09:05:48 PM by luke213 »
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

Zaku

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Seig Zeon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2016, 10:57:06 AM »
God, I have gone here countless times. The biggest problem I have is a lot of the concrete stairs are worn away so much that they are basically 1/4 of the size of a normal step. You really need a flashlight for this. I will not be able to pay for this for two more weeks, hopefully there will be room left. There's camping grounds at the Packard? I'm going to be camping there for sure. Always wanted to spend the night at this place.

And some videos of mine of my trips there. After a few trips, you recorded everything.

Which force will be the MiA team be on? Need to make sure I pick the correct force.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 11:07:54 AM by Zaku »

Priest

• I kick ass for the Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2016, 01:24:45 PM »
I'm going as SCF...with Callazos. I had a good time under his leadership at NL this year.

That and I know they usually pad the multicam side with nicer vehicles. So I'll have fun trying to shut them down if I can.
And as always.........May God go with you all!

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2016, 01:27:10 PM »
I read somewhere that there wouldn't be vehicles on this OP, I'm not sure that's correct or for that matter where I read it. Might have just been there are less vehicles or something not sure. But with the location I'm not sure how vehicles would work either. None the less that's what I read somewhere;)

Luke

Zaku

• Seig Zeon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2016, 03:14:51 PM »
There will be no vehicles.

I can see them being used but I don't know how cleaned out everything is. Last time I was there two years ago, I wouldn't want to drive over a bunch of nails and screws. Other problem is there will be not that much room on the ground. The only open area is where a part of the plant burned down years ago. That spot of land isn't that large. You could drive though the area where they built the cars BUT there are holes that can shallow up a car in different places.

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2016, 03:25:53 PM »
That's kind of what I was thinking as well. I might be bringing my motorhome down to stay in and if so I'm slightly concerned about nails and the like as it is in the camping/parking area even. Since I've got $2,400 in tires alone on my rig I'd rather not have that extra expense on top of everything else;)

Luke

Zaku

• Seig Zeon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2016, 04:23:50 PM »
Bet they will clean out the parking lot. I doubt they would keep the glass from the busted car windows in the only parking lot near the place. I do wonder where the parking will be. As I stated in my last post, there was a part of the factory that burned down that is big enough to fit a bunch of cars. The other parking lot (with the broken car glass)  is a good walk down a public street.

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2016, 04:33:53 PM »
If I understand the map they posted this is where the staging area will be, I assume that's also the camping area.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/42%C2%B022'41.7%22N+83%C2%B001'32.5%22W/@42.378238,-83.026803,404m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d42.378238!4d-83.025706

This is the image they posted:

Zaku

• Seig Zeon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2016, 07:22:48 PM »
That doesn't make sense. The roads around the AO are still open so they would have to close down the street or we need to be j walking in full gear.

Btw, the burned down part is that opening on the far left of the image.

I should go dig up the blue prints of the place and make copies for the Mia guys.

VooDoo

• Trade Count: (8)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2016, 07:30:27 PM »
Well I'm not made of money, so I'll personally probably end up just sleeping under the stars with my sleep system. Or if it's too cold I might snuggle up in the car.

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2016, 07:39:09 PM »
I read somewhere they would be closing down streets, but again I've been reading as much info as I can dig from all over about this game. So no clue where the source was and I read it a few days back.

Luke

VooDoo

• Trade Count: (8)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2016, 08:11:20 PM »
I'm pretty sure my wife mentioned closing streets was on the Facebook page.

Kurt 19D

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2016, 07:04:30 AM »
Has there been any mention about security for vehicles in staging?  ** never mind, just read on the LC site that there will be 24hr security for staging/camping.

So it sounds like MIA folks will be on the Somali side?  SNA or SCF?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 08:13:14 AM by Kurt 19D »

Priest

• I kick ass for the Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2016, 08:17:02 AM »
Per email from Jon Lu...

Hey Richard,

Greg and I discussed about vehicles at IRENE 2016 and we need vehicles to have the following looks:

A. US military hummvee
B. Somali Technicals

Hobo wagons not applicable in this round.

So there will be Vehicles there.
And as always.........May God go with you all!

Zaku

• Seig Zeon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2016, 09:48:36 AM »
Unless I'm going crazy, on the event's Facebook page, LC says there will be none though.