Arsenal > AEG

Rhop my experiences thus far

<< < (3/3)

luke213:
Well I've read that as well, the theory that basically there is a cushion of air that the BB is traveling along the top of the barrel after stabilizing. I'm not certain I agree with it yet, but I don't have any facts to back up that either. What I've found is stock barrels do pretty dang good, especially TM and well CA barrels. That's most of what I have, this barrel is supposed to probably be from a newish production KWA so maybe that's why it's decent not sure. I don't know who made the tight bore, but I'd love to know so I know to avoid them in the future;) I did polish this brass barrel lightly with some compound back when I was using it on my M4, while I was doing the rhop. I'm still not sure why it's doing so much better with the M14 than the M4. I was running basically the same upgrades, but the M14 is shooting higher velocity, and consistency. The M4 has a full cylinder, from what I recall the M14 has a slightly higher cylinder volume so maybe it's that unsure at this point.

I will say I did try the .28's Elite Force BB's I had a small amount left and I was super impressed. Longest string of 100% hits was 15 in a row at 75 yards on a normal folding chair. That impressed me for an AEG shooting 420fps. I'm sure there are guys out there with more impressive results but first hand I think that's the most consistent shooting I've seen with an AEG certainly one I've owned. My bolt action is still better but it's close, and I can shoot allot faster with the M14. Just means I need to work on the VSR10 some more;)

But no worries I'm happy to document what I've seen. So far I'd still throw my vote that initially it's a pain to get the first time done right, but after it's not nearly as bad. I'd recommend buying the tubing from McMaster Carr though as the mistakes you make to start with will be much cheaper to learn on. And you can get pretty much a lifetime supply for less than $20 shipped.

Luke

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version