Discussion Boards > Off Topic

What do you do for a living?

(1/4) > >>

luke213:
So I'm curious what the occupations are here, I know some younger guys are likely in school or college but just for fun I'm curious to hear what guys who work do for a living.

Myself I'm a full time holster maker, started building rigs out in 2009 for myself. Then shortly afterwards had a bunch of guys that liked my work, and it turned in the business that supports myself and my wife and kids. I'll never get rich doing it, but I really do enjoy making holsters. Working with leather I start with basically the raw materials and at the end of the day I have a finished product. For me it sort of reminds me of when I did construction. I always liked framing since you saw progress in your work and built something. So to some degree that's what I do now, just in allot weirder and fancier way;)

For guys curious to see more pictures etc of what I do just go to my site and click through some of the rigs there are pictures of just about everything from exotic leather like shark, elephant etc down to plain jane holsters too. www.adamsholsters.com

And I'm not advertising, of course if guys want a holster I'll happily build it. But it's sort of hard to explain my job without pictures, and I don't want to stack a ton of them in this thread. So if it sparks your interest to see more feel free if not feel free not to click on it either;)

So what do you do that keeps you in new gear and guns?

Luke

Frag3K:
  I work in the materials department of an automotive supplier that specializes in door handles (thrilling I know). My official title is finished goods gatekeeper. I take all the product out of the production cells, produce it which is really just scanning a barcode label, at which point our inventory system takes the required quantity of components out of their respective inventories and adds a corresponding quantity to the inventory of the model of finished product. After that I prep the pallets of product and load them onto a shuttle truck that takes them to our shipping dept. 
  In addition to that, I also distribute and track inventories on the components we paint ourselves. I also receive all the hazmat that comes into the plant. Which we usually use about 20 fifty gallon drums of paint and 25 drums of cleaning solvent and paint thinners per week.
  TLDR; I scan barcodes and drive a forklift all day.

luke213:
Realistically I sit and stitch leather all day, so most guys wouldn't find what I do exciting either;) But what some guys don't realize is the world runs on that sort of stuff. Gotta have good tracking and inventory to run a business and someone's gotta do it;)

Luke

T6e9a:
As many of the active community know, my current living is made from airsoft repairs, but more so as of late, running Commandos a couple days a week. Plans to get back full swing on community projects are in the works. Pretty much ever since I got into the sport, I made it work for me.

Was never very interested in college, even though I excelled at school and everyone tells me I should go for mechanical engineering. While still in high school, I started offering phone/ipod screen repairs along with airsoft work on a smaller scale. And as time goes on, I only continue to perfect my skills, and learn more about new and different systems.

I know I'm still young (22 as of this post), so there is still plenty of time for things to change. I hope to be able to stay active in the community and help how I can(a big reason I do tech work, I get to offer something to the community).

And more for a record for those that might be looking, my Facebook page for updates on my status, projects, games I might attend, and more.
https://www.facebook.com/TangoSixAirsoftTeching/

Dime:
 I worked as a HVAC installer for sixteen years and just about two years ago I started with Washtenaw county in the facilities department doing maintenance. It's been interesting seeing the inner workings of the courthouses and jail!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version