Events & Planning > After Action Reports

AAR 6/20 White Mountain

(1/11) > >>

X:

Combat Junkies Airsoft:
Had way to much fun today. Between Fatty(ppsh) and I(RPK) we shot an estimated 13,000 BB's between the two of us. I would have shot more had My RPK not had the worst jam in airsoft history.

Troubadour:
I'll get some official write out here soon... Too tired, too burnt.

Want to thank everyone who came out, tried to get around and talk to everyone individual, but the later it got the less time I had. So I am sorry if I didn't get to you or I cut our conversation short.

Stinger:
This was the greatest Bastards event I have been to so far. Excellent fun. I had to leave at lunch because of a graduation party I was obligated to attend, but that first half was awesome.
Apparently the second half wasn't so good, and part of that is my fault for leaving, so sorry guys.

Mosin:
Huge thanks to all that came out. Thankfully we had quite a few more at the door show ups than originally expected, and through that we'll be able to build a SAM site as well as some C4 bricks and some other prop ideas we've got for our next events to come.

I always like posting from sort of the "behind the scenes" perspective, just because I'm sure at almost one point in anybodies mind a thought of "What exactly is going on?" popped up.

Firstly, we had a logistical issue when a member who originally said he would be coming and be the driving vehicle in a carpool situation bailed on us at 5am the day of. Didn't give us much time to figure everything else out in order to get on field in time, which accounted for why myself and Troub didn't arrive at 0750, like we originally intended. The morning game went live at 1100, 30 minutes behind schedule. We had a few late shows that tossed wrenches in the gears with needing to chrono, but for the most part I think that was pretty solid. The plan was to play until 2pm and then take lunch and rehydrate.

As I'm sure everyone had seen, Hell Survivors has built up quite a few new buildings in the city. Additionally, their biggest event is next weekend (Tippman world challenge). They needed to paint the buildings, but didn't tell us about that until we got on field. This kinda messed us up, because we had a large bit of our objectives built around the city, but rather than completely scrap them we wanted to at least allow players to fight around there for an hour, so that was what we started with.

The administrative issues was moving all forces out of the City and into the back 40 of the field for a few hours. A lot of conflicting word got passed as to who should go where, and multiple times I had to jump on comms and remind people that this was what was happening. I'm very grateful that all the players out there were able to roll with those punches and helped us out on that process.

The early afternoon before lunch was some of the best fighting I've been in for quite some time. Once I grabbed the Maruzen and started trying to help my boys reclaim Area 51 and East Point, we started getting momentum. Unfortunate that lunch happened when it did, because for a minute it looked like we were going to start putting the pressure back on the AJA. Huge thanks to Bulldog 1 and some of the Rangers that flanked West and employed those mortars to help destroy 51 and allow us a foothold. Had it not been for that I think we would have spend the next hour or so just pinned down North of the City.

Lunch break I'm not sure I have any issues with. Pizza arrived about 20 minutes after we called it, which gave all players 40 minutes to eat, hydrate, and gear up. At the Staff level, we were ready to launch at 3pm (the scheduled resume time), although at 3pm on the dot out of the 90 some players, only 3 were standing in front of staging ready to go. Being able to only move as fast as your slowest bundle of players has a big role in how everything goes down, which we seen again once the majority of the players were up and we were waiting on a squad to start the afternoon bit. Not a huge deal, just starts adding up to take away from the optimal amount of time on field.

Second highlight for me in the afternoon was somehow being able to sink a 97 meter shot on another player with the Maruzen. After it made contact I literally didn't even care if I got shot and paced the distance, because I didn't think it would reach. Huge kudos to the dude on the end that called it.

I couldn't have asked for a better performing group. Everyone was up on comms for just about the entire day and stuck to the plans and assignments they were given. Big thanks to Kurt for leading the Bulldog element around the flank in the afternoon and easing the pressure on the South so we could snatch the AJA Commander and win that objective. Also thanks to the defecting CJA AJA members that helped us on the charge at the end.

All in all Administratively most of the day ran pretty smooth. Nobody else to thank for that other than the players through staying up on comms, following the objectives and orders that were given to them, and overall being good sports. Only had a few flair ups with hit calling, but no repeat offenders and nothing worth yelling about on field.

Thanks to all that showed up, we look forward to putting on more games in the future.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version