Discussion Boards > Tech Questions

This doesn't make sense?

(1/1)

airsofter8868:
So after many hours of teching, fixing problems, and installing parts I finally get to go outside and test my work. Well the first shot goes at least 50 ft+ further than the second, third, and so on. Why does the first shot go sooo much further than the others??
Thanks to all who answer

Zzan:
Are you firing on Semi or Full Auto?

If you fire on Full Auto are the shots consistent or do you see variation?

My guess is that you are overspinning on semi and second shot is a partial cycle.

Are you using an 11.1v lipo?  Try dropping to a 7.4v and see if it still happens.

Stinger:

--- Quote from: airsofter8868 on June 25, 2015, 01:16:46 PM ---Why does the first shot go sooo much further than the others??
Thanks to all who answer

--- End quote ---
The air seal is being broken somewhere after that first shot. It's likely between the hop-up chamber and the air nozzle.
It would be helpful to know what you're working with and what you've done to it.

Marauder:
Yo

The Devil is in the details, my friend. Mind telling us  what the platform is, what parts you're playing with and such? It should help us to help you diagnose the issue.

Snarf:

--- Quote from: Zzan on June 25, 2015, 01:32:15 PM ---My guess is that you are overspinning on semi and second shot is a partial cycle.

Are you using an 11.1v lipo?  Try dropping to a 7.4v and see if it still happens.

--- End quote ---

Sounds right. It's easy to check, just dry fire the gun and look at the air nozzle. See if it goes back to the right position every shot (fully into the hopup chamber).

--- Quote from: Marauder on June 25, 2015, 02:55:35 PM ---Yo

The Devil is in the details, my friend. Mind telling us  what the platform is, what parts you're playing with and such? It should help us to help you diagnose the issue.

--- End quote ---

Yep.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version