Discussion Boards > Tech Questions

ICS PAR MK3 Motor Overheat??

(1/2) > >>

uaf:
I have a ICS PAR MK3. Now a few weeks ago it was very hot outside and I was outside playing on full auto, it then began to slow down and it eventually stopped shooting, the motor grip was very hot. I have it being repaired right now, yet I would still like to know what happened so I can prevent it from happening again.

T6e9a:
How long were you shooting it on full auto? Afterwards, did you test the battery elsewhere to rule out the battery not draining?

uaf:
Probably 3 Hours and yes my battery was working I had put it in my friends gun and it fired fine. And I know its not the connectors as the fire slowed down then stopped.

uaf:

--- Quote from: T6e9a on August 21, 2015, 08:31:34 PM ---How long were you shooting it on full auto? Afterwards, did you test the battery elsewhere to rule out the battery not draining?

--- End quote ---
Sorry I forgot to quote you on my reply.

T6e9a:
If you were holding the trigger down for three straight hours, then ANY gun would heat up... Something internally would probably melt as well. Airsoft guns are built for that.

I mean, if you want to know what happened, ask the person repairing it.

Your description of "it then began to slow down and it eventually stopped shooting"  tells me that you ran your battery dead.
More info, such as what battery you were using? Had there been any upgrades? Can all help people help you.

Other possibilities, might be that the shimming and motor height were too far off and that they cause too much friction in the system.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version