Gear > Clothing & Load Bearing Gear

COLLECTORS GUIDE: Eagle Industries, Military Tags [2004-2014]

(1/2) > >>

Cats:
Well I promised if there was a new MiA website that I'd contribute some sort of new original content. Large image warning (850x7400pix).
Here it is!
For the foreseeable future this will remain a MiA.org exclusive, so please don't repost this elsewhere as I hope it will help generate views for MiA. If you want to link to it, please link to this page and not to the image directly. I hope it will help someone.

luke213:
Allot to dig through but looks dang interesting;) I'll be back;)

Luke

Gimpalong:
Easily one of the best, if not the best, gear guide I've ever seen.

Freakin' awesome.

Knife:
Really good guide, reading through it now and I'm very impressed. Few things I didn't know actually.  Some innacurracies though and things that have been left out.

Early green tags did have D-6 and 3 number team codes, such as 466. I'd also include that after 08, Ranger Green stuff had their own specific tag color, different than the early green color. You're also missing DIG1 and DIG2 from the early AOR1 and AOR2 tags. It is probably worth including reference of these tags given there were a lot of these produced, and they followed a civi style tag rather than the normal contract tag seen on later AOR production items. Modern AOR items also occassionaly have the tag located on the PAL strap.

FWIW I've never seen someone counterfeit the Eagle contract tag. The 'tiny text tags' are in my experience from SFLCS kits.

Cats:
Great catch on the post 2008 RLCS having a blue tag, completely to make mention of that apparently.

I also completely forgot to look at the 2007 and 2010 DGLCS gear since I dont have a wide selection avaliable on hand. Maybe I'll do an addendum. I'd never heard of DGLCS having contract tags, so thanks for the new intel, I've been wondering if maybe eagle included contract tags for custom orders in the past. If you have any photos of these id be very interested.

If it's not too much trouble, could you share what old dates you have for items with blue 1Letter-1or2Digit team tags? I'm pretty sure I've seen stuff like that in the past and probably didn't think of them because they might not have been in my sample. Usually when Eagle transitions to a new tag there's a bit of overlap, especially from the years when they own multiple factories.

Yeah I have no reason to doubt the authenticity of Tiny Text Tag items, but there's still enough lingering doubts from others that it was worth mentioning.

As for counterfeits in general, I felt it was important to mention them because it is incredibly easy to counterfeit Eagle tags to nearly identical standards; and because there's such a wide variety of counterfeit gear on the market and its fairly popular to sew your own now days, the possibility remains. This is especially true as time goes on with any collectible, as it becomes more scarce, the more frequently it will be counterfeited. But to recap, I've never seen one in person.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version