Gear > Clothing & Load Bearing Gear

Goggles/mask combo options

(1/3) > >>

Centurion:
I just got new contacts in today, and am in the process of breaking them in for spring sports. Now I don't have the issue of finding goggles or prescription lenses that fit my glasses. Do you guys have any favorite goggles and half mask combo? I am 15, so I will need full face protection. Cost isn't a large factor, I would much rather spend my hard earned money on my safety than paying even more in doctor's fees. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

luke213:
Goggles wise I don't have a toss of suggestions, I've got oodles of options myself but I still have some fog issues etc, that come and go. And most of my stuff is old enough that it's not really able to be easily bought anymore;)

On the lower protection I'm really a fan of mesh masks myself, they didn't exist back in the day when I played and I never really did lower protection. But about a year ago I bought one off of Evike, cheap and it works great. Only trouble is your likely going to have to bend it a bit to adjust the fit on your face. If you don't they aren't very comfortable. But once adjusted I've been pretty happy with it overall. I've actually seen other guys running them without adjustment complaining about them. Mentioned adjusting them, did it quick and they were much happier as well. So that would be my recommendation. Much less of an issue with fogging compared to most other options out there.

Take care!

Luke

Centurion:
Thanks for the reply, I will plan to get a mesh lower. Now I just have to decide between a few different brands of goggles. Looking particularly at some ESS low profile goggles.

luke213:
Low profile is good for looks and functionally with helmets but it also puts less air volume between your face and the lens, which at least in most cases makes them more prone to fogging. But everyone is different there, I can seemingly fog up anything that exists;) Most guys have better luck with various goggles than I do;)

Luke

Centurion:
Just found the company Bitter End, which makes steel mesh goggles and masks. MIA doesn't allow mesh goggles because they aren't ANSI compatible, right? The mesh looks tempting just because they don't cause fog problems.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version