Gear > Clothing & Load Bearing Gear

Goggles/mask combo options

<< < (3/3)

Puma1:
I've been using ESS goggles since I started airsoft ~ 5 years ago.  They pop up sporadically on ebay and the different Facebook forums. They've never once failed me, and even though I'm a bigger guy (5,11 230) fogging has been minimal.  I would definitely recommend them. There are better options (I've heard Oakley's with Helo kits and goggles with built in fans are the best options) however I don't think you can beat the price of the ESS goggles.

Centurion:
Puma, what kind of ESS goggles do you have? I have heard great things about that brand. Also, do you use lower face protection?

Puma1:
I have the ESS revision Profiles ( http://www.esseyepro.com/Profile-NVG_1_detail.html?color=41 ). EDIT: Don't buy them from that website - they're usually cheaper on Ebay and several of the "getting out" sales you'll see around the forums.

I do use lower mesh protection.  I played for the first couple of years or so without them and never ran into any issues.  I watched a buddy get hit in the cheek and bleed a bit but never thought anything of it.

I then bought a lower mesh mask prior to Blacksheep's OP Grayling as a precaution.  I can't tell you how many times I was thankful I had it on.  I probably got hit 5 or 6 times in the face and mouth region during that event.  I can guarantee I probably would have lost a tooth or had some pretty bloody lips. 

Teeth are too darn expensive to get fixed if you crack/chip/ruin them - it's a 10$ mesh piece that could literally save you thousands of dollars in the long run.  They're moldable and really aren't that uncomfortable once you get used to them.  I've never had an issue with looking down a scope or anything of the sort either. 

MadBrax:
If you're looking for a full mask. I would recommend the Dye i4s they are more flashy but never fog because of the thermal lens and air ventilation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version