Discussion Boards > Off Topic

A2/Ypsi Longboarders?

<< < (4/5) > >>

Vic:

--- Quote from: T6e9a on August 10, 2016, 10:38:23 PM ---
This deck should be familiar to at least one other forum member, as that is who I got it from originally haha. I would throw long board trucks on it, but didn't want to pull my only set just for this, though it would probably make it a bit more of a familiar ride if it did have longboard trucks. Was more of an experiment than anything, and i was rather pleased/entertained with the outcome.
Also, only 3 bolts because I didn't measure twice, drill once haha.

But for my night light set up, I have just been too lazy to look up parts and such.

How is your El wire setup? What sort of battery connections or battery in general does it take?
When I finally get El wire and LEDs, I'm going to have some sort of battery box and switch somewhere.

--- End quote ---

The EL wire comes with a small 2 AA battery box that has a built in AC Inverter. I still want to add LEDs so I sorta wish I had gotten a usb to AC Inverter so that I could use a power bank with a splitter to power both, but I think I'll be okay with powering the LEDs with their own pack.

Vic:
Finally got around to riding it at night.

T6e9a:
Very cool.

Question on their brightness though, as I imagine, it would be difficult to tell by picture:
Does it have some bit of area that it lights up? Or is it more of an outline/for show to know where the board is?

Also, how long of a section did you by?
Any daytime pics of how you have it set up?

Vic:

--- Quote from: T6e9a on August 27, 2016, 01:28:13 PM ---Very cool.

Question on their brightness though, as I imagine, it would be difficult to tell by picture:
Does it have some bit of area that it lights up? Or is it more of an outline/for show to know where the board is?

Also, how long of a section did you by?
Any daytime pics of how you have it set up?

--- End quote ---

I bought a 15ft section but I only really needed 9ft for my board. As far as brightness, this is the thinner el wire so it just shows the outline of the board. If you went thicker, like up to 5mm that might help but I'm gonna supplement mine with LEDs later.

I'll take some daytime pics tomorrow maybe, but it's mostly just hot glued on, with some binder clips to hold it on better because the glue came undone in some spots from me accidentally hitting it while kicking.

T6e9a:
Some recent activity and updates on the longboarding front:

I finally picked up some Shark Wheels and have been riding them pretty much since I got them. So far, they are great for a smooth low vibration ride just about anywhere for cruising. Not the best for getting major speed, but they have their purpose in my book. I got some blue 78a 70mm ones.
I will probably use them sort of like "scouting" wheels. If I am going to check out a new location, not wanting to do anything too crazy, I'll throw them on. Then when I'm familiar and comfortable, I may swap to either my O-tang The Cages or my UnderTows.

Also got the chance to skate around Kensington with Vic. Great park for it, the path has a good balance of slight hills and flat ground, with one very notable hill that we ended up going almost 20mph down.

I was at Willow Metro Park for this past weekend for the BSA 2016 Rendezvous, and on some down time, took the chance to skate around and check out the trail. Great river access for kayaking/canoeing/fishing/etc and offers good scenery as well. Mild hills for the portion I checked out. But the nice thing is that it connects to Lower Huron Metro park, and in the 3.2 mile section between the 2 metro parks, is access to the I-275 Trail, which is nicely paved, and by the looks of it, fairly recently.

Of course, River Bends park as well, spans all the way from its 22 Mile Rd entrance through Utica and continues to the Clinton River Park and has access to Dodge and Jaycees parks as well. The trail does at least. I skated a good chunk of it today, just to make good use of the nice weather, and to scope other portions out a bit more.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version