Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ghillie Help  (Read 8389 times)

Solstice

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Ghillie Help
« on: January 26, 2017, 01:27:40 PM »
My current ghillie suit that I'm running is your stereotypical walking bush which as you can imagine is quite problematic for assaults, and I'm looking something more mobile friendly. I found a suit that I feel will work well, however I am unsure of the color that I would need for the playing fields. For those of you who have been to the fields, which color would work better based on foliage and leaves? More brown or green?

(Or should I just say eh to it all and get the edgy black?   ;D )

« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 01:52:17 PM by Solstice »

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
Re: Ghillie Help
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 06:05:13 PM »
Well I can't speak to the fields around lower Michigan since I haven't been to there(I'm a yooper).

That said I've moved towards brown for my own ghillie, but the reason is because I use it as a base and add vegetation rather than using it alone. And brown allows me to run it during the spring, summer, and fall without much issue other than attaching appropriate veg to the suit.

That said my own 2 cents, ghillie suits as a whole are useful if you're going to be moving slowly and staying still. Movement is always the biggest give away when it comes to concealment and no matter the camo if you're moving fast it's going to stand out. So I'm not sure your play style will suit this type of camo based of what your saying above. You might be able to run some light folliage on a boonie style hat and good camo for the field with good results using natural cover etc. But I think more often than not using a ghillie in airsoft because the ranges are so short, means your concealment needs to be top notch for it to be effective. There is a caveat which is if the other players are clueless then of course anything will work especially if you keep your movements slow and deliberate.

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"