Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: M1 Vietnam helmet liner as a helmet?  (Read 12332 times)

Gr1zzly

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
M1 Vietnam helmet liner as a helmet?
« on: March 23, 2018, 07:57:15 PM »
Putting together my OD outfit and it’s basically coming out Vietnam-themed (which is fine by me since I’m getting an M14 and 1911). Planning to go with a boonie hat, but I’ve been thinking about those classic Nam helmets with graffiti. A metal repro costs at least $150, so I’m considering getting a repro M1 helmet liner (made of plastic with all the head straps inside) for $25 and just putting a helmet cover on it. It’ll be a lot lighter and a real steel helmet seems like overkill for airsoft. Does this seem like a bad idea? The liner is a few milimeters smaller than a helmet but looks just like a full helmet.

Here’s the liner: https://www.epicmilitaria.com/repro-us-m1-helmet-liner.html

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
Re: M1 Vietnam helmet liner as a helmet?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 12:44:40 PM »
I would do it, honestly I've found I use a helmet allot on the field which sounds silly but it's saved my melon a few times;) I don't need anything crazy but I started wearing one after falling off the bumper of the van on our field. My own fault I was doing something I shouldn't have been and acting like I was 18 again. Either way I got thinking I should wear a helmet, started doing it and most of the time on the field if I'm not in a sniper setup then I've got a helmet on. That said I a painted old school ProTec skate helmet I used to use skating 20 years ago. Works fine, it's comfortable and I figure if it was safe enough for half pipes it's perfectly fine for my knocking my head into stuff;)

But yeah I'd do it, somewhere I've got a legit kevlar helmet forget the model at the moment, but even that is dang heavy for my neck and back anymore on the field. Sure I could run it, but the thing for me is realism is secondary to me being comfortable the next day after playing airsoft;)

So yeah I'd do it;)

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

biotasticmann

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Re: M1 Vietnam helmet liner as a helmet?
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 03:11:25 PM »
Putting together my OD outfit and it’s basically coming out Vietnam-themed (which is fine by me since I’m getting an M14 and 1911). Planning to go with a boonie hat, but I’ve been thinking about those classic Nam helmets with graffiti. A metal repro costs at least $150, so I’m considering getting a repro M1 helmet liner (made of plastic with all the head straps inside) for $25 and just putting a helmet cover on it. It’ll be a lot lighter and a real steel helmet seems like overkill for airsoft. Does this seem like a bad idea? The liner is a few milimeters smaller than a helmet but looks just like a full helmet.

Here’s the liner: https://www.epicmilitaria.com/repro-us-m1-helmet-liner.html
Look around local surplus stores and often you'll find the M1 helmets for a ton cheaper. I bought mine a few years ago for $64, though be warned it weighs a couple of pounds so long term use is exhausting. But the protection as well as the look and feel are worth it.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

E&L AK-110-A PMC
Echo 1 AR57 stop telling me to reload! I don't use m4 mags!
Walthers PPS, WE "CQB Master Alpha"
FLAK