Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Barrett M82A1 mods  (Read 23005 times)

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
Barrett M82A1 mods
« on: March 15, 2019, 06:28:57 PM »
So I've got a Barrett it's a Snow Wolf AEG I picked up as a shell and rebuilt the internals. Basically it was empty of all mechanical parts and slightly cut down outer barrel etc. But I built a gearbox, installed everything and got it shooting right in the 540fps range with a .2g. Fairly long barrel so it doesn't Joule creep even with heavier ammo. I never have had time to really tune it like my other long range guns since I built it around two years ago which happens to be the last time I've really had much time for airsoft with family and business getting in the way(along with health, had a bad bout of pneumonia last year).

Either way I've been 3d modeling this last year, and 3d printing so naturally I've been thinking about airsoft related projects. I've done some that aren't ready to be shown, and I do intend to likely sell some parts eventually. But until then I've got some pictures of some cool bits I've been making for my Barrett. I never liked the fact the Snow Wolf wasn't super accurate to the real deal so some is to improve that. The other is the M107 QDL Suppressor and muzzle break. Which no one builds an airsoft version of, so I figured that would be a fun project to do. I previously had a hand built version but it was further from realistic spec etc. This isn't perfect to spec but it's very close, based on the specs that I could get and scaling within CAD.

Either way fun project and as time permits and the weather gets better I'll take some more pictures of the fully finished gun.

Take care!

Luke

EDIT: Also should mention I'm planning to add the allen head machine screws to the muzzle break section of the suppressor. I had printed them but it wasn't the look I wanted. So I'll just drill and screw some in next time I get to town and can grab some to spec where I need. There are also a few other minor imperfections across the board, those will be cleaned up in time. I actually built this over the last 3 days, so it's barely finished. And the stock clamshell piece I just finished today and installed. And I ran out of paint;)

So there will be several things "fixed" before it's actually done. And I plan to go through and change out the gearbox with a QD box and finish the actual tuning before it hits the field. So it's somewhat of a work in progress like allot of stuff but I still think despite it's complete lack of practicality it's awful cool;) I doubt it'll see much use at all, generally I'll grab my TM VSR10 or my CA M16A2 but maybe once in a while I'll bring out the M82A1;)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 06:36:38 PM by luke213 »
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

VooDoo

• Trade Count: (8)
    • View Profile
Re: Barrett M82A1 mods
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 12:58:48 PM »
I've never wanted a Barret for airsoft just because of the size. But this thing is beautiful! Amazing work brother! Keep it up. If I were still in Michigan I'd hit you up on some ideas haha.

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
Re: Barrett M82A1 mods
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 05:03:32 PM »
Agreed;) I actually got this one in trade don't remember what for now but didn't have a whole lot in it. Originally I had actually planned to make it look fine externally and use it on the gunshow table as a sort of table draw;) And just to hang up in the shop as a conversation type of piece. Then I decided to make it shoot and it went downhill from there.

It's not really at all practical size wise it's around 5ft 6in long and heavy though not as much as I thought right around 18lbs according to my postal scale. But still that big and long is crazy compared to say my VSR10 which is around 6lbs;)

But it's still a cool piece even if it's not practical, and I figured there might be a scenario someday requiring a 50 and now I've got one to write into the game;)

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"