Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MP5 Feeding issues  (Read 10421 times)

Centurion

• Trade Count: (1)
    • View Profile
MP5 Feeding issues
« on: April 23, 2019, 08:29:06 PM »
I bought my brother a Galaxy MP5. When it came the highcap it was using would feed about every other shot. I got an Echo1 straight midcap, and now it is very finicky, having shots roll out the barrel and sounding jammed. Could it be an issue with the gun, or just bad mags? Everyone I know vouches for the midcaps.

T6e9a

• Trade Count: (10)
    • View Profile
Re: MP5 Feeding issues
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 10:24:10 PM »
Galaxy mp5s weren't known for their quality. I would pull the barrel assembly out and inspect the bucking. Clean the barrel. I wouldn't put it past the high cap to garbage, would also be good to inspect the gearbox/compression internals.
Offering airsoft repair, upgrades, tuning and customization, check out: Tange Six Airsoft Teching Facebook
Check out what I have for sale: Tango Six MIA sale thread

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
Re: MP5 Feeding issues
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 12:20:28 PM »
Tracking down misfeeds are a PITA, mags often cause issues but return spring on the tappet plate/nozzle can be an issue. For instance if you've got a weak spring there and a strong spring in a mag the BB's put too much pressure against the bottom of the nozzle causing issues. So there are allot of issues that can cause it, but I'd start with the hopup and then work towards the rest of the box.

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"