Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Happy Reunion: A Love Story  (Read 10552 times)

Troutzor

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sprayin' and Prayin' Since 2005.
    • View Profile
Happy Reunion: A Love Story
« on: June 14, 2019, 10:11:58 AM »
My baby and I have been separated for nearly a year and a half. I was beginning to think I’d never see her again. We’re we just never meant to be? I was starting to forget her touch, her curves, her scent. Was it all a dream?

It was a cold wet wintery day when the accident happened. We had spent the afternoon together. She’d been spot on all day. As usual the other guys were jealous of her and I. She’s not flashy, but it’s always been a subtle beauty that you don’t notice until you’re up close, but you can feel from across the room, unexpected, she inspires fear but also desire.
Suddenly she seized up without warning. We were both frozen in time, her and I. I feared the worst.

This week I received an email, she was headed home. It was touch and go for a long time. They don’t make them like her anymore. Those curves, that heart, that personality. That unlicensed H&K goodness. Something that really was never meant to be sold on our shores, and yet, she found her way to me.

ZShot finally came through. A quote from their message:

“First, we apologize for the delay. We recently had staff changing and a lot of things are very behind schedule. We were unable to get back to you until just now. The technician who was responsible for your TW5 failed to perform any inspection and rely the technical documents for this RMA before he quit so we have to let our current tech to revisit it.

Upon inspection the problem is  believed to be that the positive and negative of the motor are soldered incorrectly. Whoever worked on your TW5 before you sent it in installed the motor backwards so the gear is pushing piston forward instead and it resulted in burnt up electronics. We've been trying to order replacement parts for TW5 from SYSTEMA in the past few months but all TW5 related products are out of production so we had to pull parts from ZShot owner's personal collection to fix it.”

I am thankful, yet saddened that another gave their’s so that mine could go on. I am happy. She is home, where she belongs. Soon, she will be ready to join me in the field once more.

SYSTEMA TW5
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 10:20:32 AM by Troutzor »
Certified Externals Whore.

Guts and Glory

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Reunion: A Love Story
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 10:14:42 AM »
 :'(  I think I just teared up a little. 

I hate electrical issues with a passion, especially so when you end up having to get another mosfet unit or other bits as a result.

My main kalash is a mixture of random dboys/cyma externals, an Egyptian rear sight, Soviet plum handguards, and a gearbox that is been reworked so many times I've lost count.  I doubt she'll ever perform as nice as things folks can get stock now, but she still my own gem.
"In our hearts we - have done good and bad... we have exchanged fire, at both military and civilian during conflict.  We have been around the world since our time in the red sand of Afghanistan.  We have been waiting for war.  Waiting, waiting.  War is all we love"

Kapitan Balalaika