Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mid-Cap feeding problem, need help  (Read 10997 times)

GenChaos

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Mid-Cap feeding problem, need help
« on: July 24, 2015, 07:48:50 AM »
I got 4 of Evike's BAMF mags but they are having feeding issues with my VFC Scar-L. The first 25 BB's only fly about 10-15 feet. Then after that they start flying normal. I tried loading the mags only half full to see if it was spring tension issue but still has the same results. Prior I "worked" the mags in by loading and unloading them around 5-6 times each. Anyone got a clue what the problem is and how to fix it?

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
Re: Mid-Cap feeding problem, need help
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 03:46:08 PM »
Well with mag issues usually my direction is to take them down completely where you can split the halves(pending that is doable on these), then put a little silicone on a cloth and wipe down the channel the BB's ride down. Reassemble and more often than not it's solved. If you can't remove the halves, then a little silicone in the mag can sometimes slick things up to make them work. Beware though he silicone in the mags is going to get on your BB's and work it's way into your hopup. Generally it's not too bad of an issue but it depends on the gun and bucking as well as it's role. With something single shot only it can take a long time to work the silicone off the bucking, on a full auto it's allot less of an issue.

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

Snarf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 10:28:39 PM »
I wouldn't fully disassemble the mags unless you really have to, because they're a huge pain to reassemble IMO (at least shorty PMAGs are). Getting the main spring back in is tricky, to say the least (Luke, if you have any tips for that I'm all ears, because I just rendered one mag useless by tangling the main spring up while putting it back in).

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 10:45:48 PM »
I haven't had a ton of experience with the newer mags so that may be more difficult now. On all the mags I've got I haven't had a problem tearing them down and putting them back together. Over the years I've had allot of gunk get in mags;)

Luke

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

T6e9a

• Trade Count: (10)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 10:50:51 PM »
BAMF mags have a nice internals set up for maintenance. Meaning it easier to disassemble/assemble. Than most mid caps.
I would start with "breaking in" the mags, filling fully and emptying. And go from there.

Another question, is the gun bone stock? Or is the nozzle different by any chance, or a new barrel/bucking? Small things in the hop up area can make big differences.
Offering airsoft repair, upgrades, tuning and customization, check out: Tange Six Airsoft Teching Facebook
Check out what I have for sale: Tango Six MIA sale thread

GenChaos

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 05:25:41 PM »
The gun in stock. I'll try breaking the mags down lube them up. But I need to figure out how to break them down all the way. The mags perform perfectly in my G&G CM16 which is also stock.

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2015, 12:05:49 AM »
If they work fine in another gun it's unlikely it's the mag needing broken in. Try playing with how they fit like pushing and pulling the mag and see if it feeds. Might just be something with how they lock in.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk