Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ICS PAR MK3 Motor Overheat??  (Read 11351 times)

uaf

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
ICS PAR MK3 Motor Overheat??
« on: August 21, 2015, 08:26:52 PM »
I have a ICS PAR MK3. Now a few weeks ago it was very hot outside and I was outside playing on full auto, it then began to slow down and it eventually stopped shooting, the motor grip was very hot. I have it being repaired right now, yet I would still like to know what happened so I can prevent it from happening again.

T6e9a

• Trade Count: (10)
    • View Profile
Re: ICS PAR MK3 Motor Overheat??
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 08:31:34 PM »
How long were you shooting it on full auto? Afterwards, did you test the battery elsewhere to rule out the battery not draining?
Offering airsoft repair, upgrades, tuning and customization, check out: Tange Six Airsoft Teching Facebook
Check out what I have for sale: Tango Six MIA sale thread

uaf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 08:56:22 PM »
Probably 3 Hours and yes my battery was working I had put it in my friends gun and it fired fine. And I know its not the connectors as the fire slowed down then stopped.

uaf

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 08:58:01 PM »
How long were you shooting it on full auto? Afterwards, did you test the battery elsewhere to rule out the battery not draining?
Sorry I forgot to quote you on my reply.

T6e9a

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 09:12:11 AM »
If you were holding the trigger down for three straight hours, then ANY gun would heat up... Something internally would probably melt as well. Airsoft guns are built for that.

I mean, if you want to know what happened, ask the person repairing it.

Your description of "it then began to slow down and it eventually stopped shooting"  tells me that you ran your battery dead.
More info, such as what battery you were using? Had there been any upgrades? Can all help people help you.

Other possibilities, might be that the shimming and motor height were too far off and that they cause too much friction in the system.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 09:23:36 AM by T6e9a »
Offering airsoft repair, upgrades, tuning and customization, check out: Tange Six Airsoft Teching Facebook

uaf

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2015, 09:41:17 AM »
If you were holding the trigger down for three straight hours, then ANY gun would heat up... Something internally would probably melt as well. Airsoft guns are built for that.

I mean, if you want to know what happened, ask the person repairing it.

Your description of "it then began to slow down and it eventually stopped shooting"  tells me that you ran your battery dead.
More info, such as what battery you were using? Had there been any upgrades? Can all help people help you.

Other possibilities, might be that the shimming and motor height were too far off and that they cause too much friction in the system.
I was not holding it down for 3 straight hours and the battery worked in my friends gun afterwards. Keep in mind it was like 90 degrees. I was using a Valken 11.1v 1100 Mah battery. And my gun is lipo ready and that is the suggested battery for it. So I dont know what happened. I also tried my friends battery in my gun and it didn‘t work.

T6e9a

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2015, 05:50:29 PM »
More than likely, your trigger contact may have fried. Either that or something with the motor.

If there is no MOSFET in the gun, it is not 11.1 lipo ready. It may be tuned well, but trigger contacts will always be a weak point.

The slowing down sounds like something may have gone wrong with the motor.

But without having the gun yourself to check things, you'll have to ask the person working on it a to what really happened.

If you did have it, I would say take off the baseplate of your motor grip, unplug the wires, and pull out the motor. Check the brushes, brush springs and the tabs that the connectors go on. If everything looks symmetrical on each side, and nothing broken, plug it in OUT of the grip, and test. If the motor spins, then it may have been a bad connection to the motor. If it doesn't spin, it is probably somewhere else in the wiring harness, or the trigger contacts.

uaf

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2015, 08:27:08 PM »
More than likely, your trigger contact may have fried. Either that or something with the motor.

If there is no MOSFET in the gun, it is not 11.1 lipo ready. It may be tuned well, but trigger contacts will always be a weak point.

The slowing down sounds like something may have gone wrong with the motor.

But without having the gun yourself to check things, you'll have to ask the person working on it a to what really happened.

If you did have it, I would say take off the baseplate of your motor grip, unplug the wires, and pull out the motor. Check the brushes, brush springs and the tabs that the connectors go on. If everything looks symmetrical on each side, and nothing broken, plug it in OUT of the grip, and test. If the motor spins, then it may have been a bad connection to the motor. If it doesn't spin, it is probably somewhere else in the wiring harness, or the trigger contacts.
I will ask when I get it back! Thanks I‘ll make sure to invest in a mosfet.