Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: LCT RPK-74M  (Read 8501 times)

House

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
    • MI Oblast RUSFOR General Interest Group
LCT RPK-74M
« on: September 25, 2017, 11:53:56 PM »
One of my two go-to rifles is this RPK-74M made by LCT. This one is currently on loan from an extremely generous friend, but I will soon be purchasing it. The gun itself has been through countless rec games, a few scenario games, one 24 hour milsim and one Milsim West. Through all this, it only had one failure, and that was just bearings being bearings. Granted, it was built like a tank internally by one of the best techs in Japan. Currently, the externals I have mounted are a TWI B-20 railed handguard, a plum upper handguard, and a BCM grip i put on backwards to use as a handstop. For spooky night things, I put a DBAL on the B-20. All in all, I can't recommend LCT enough. Their externals are top-notch, and the internals are pretty reliable stock, however I would recommend getting it tuned and probably swapping the trigger contacts as those go somewhat quickly. They also have super unique guns like the VSS/Val family, the PP-19-01 Vityaz, and soon to be the PKP. They aren't as picky as E&Ls as far as after-market parts go, or mags for that matter. I run a variety of different brands of mags in the RPK and they all work the same, it's pretty simplistic. Overall, LCTs are a safe bet for a top-tier AK.

John House
RR313 Probationary Member
Gear Collector

darcness

• View Profile
Re: LCT RPK-74M
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 07:55:57 PM »
Definitely a beautiful gun my friend.  I do believe you had it out for the REC game last weekend at the 82nd's field correct? 

House

• Bottom Text
    • View Profile
    • MI Oblast RUSFOR General Interest Group
Re: LCT RPK-74M
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 09:01:25 PM »
Definitely, it was working well until the third game when a bb got jammed in the barrel, and at that point I was about to switch to my GBB AK anyways.
John House
RR313 Probationary Member
Gear Collector