Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MSW: Assault on Derbent or Oplionclaws: Irene  (Read 8029 times)

Zzan

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
MSW: Assault on Derbent or Oplionclaws: Irene
« on: August 10, 2015, 12:10:37 PM »
Both events are in October, I can't afford to go to both, but don't know which one I should plan to attend.

MSW = 8.5 hours away (from Lansing) 10/16-10/18 at $150.00
Oplionclaws = 5 hours away (from Lansing) 10/9-10/11 at $220.00 (non-Alum)

I would rather go with a group from here as opposed to solo, but haven't seen much discussion on either forum for either of these events, so don't know who is planning on attending or if there are squads forming.

What are people's opinions on which to attend, or who is planning on attending which?

People who have been to each of these hosts events what did you like/not like about them, would you attend again, or recommend going for someone else?

Gimpalong

• Old school member
  • I make maps.
    • View Profile
Re: MSW: Assault on Derbent or Oplionclaws: Irene
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 02:16:34 PM »
I know a lot us SK guys are going to IRENE.

Personally, I attend events to horse around and have a fun time with my buddies. I'd love to go a MSW event, but given that my buddies were planning on attending IRENE, it made more sense to sign up for the one rather than the other.

I can't speak for MSW events since I've never attended one, but Lion Claws events are pretty milsim lite. They basically follow the formula of a few hours of play time followed by a break for lunch, more play time, a break for dinner, a short night game and then a few hours of play on the following day. It's significantly more relaxed than a Blacksheep event which puts you in the field for the entire time. Lion Claws events provide time for hanging out, tailgating in the parking lot, shooting faces - a nice, relaxing weekend rather than a challenging event.

MSW is definitely going to provide the superior milsim and war-gaming experience.

Gabriel

• View Profile
Re: MSW: Assault on Derbent or Oplionclaws: Irene
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 07:33:06 AM »
ME and a few buddies were just talking about this.  We're most likely heading to Irene.  They kinda wanted to go to MSW, but since this is going to be mine and another friends last game before a long hiatus, we wanted to spend it with friends.