Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Versatile Plate Carrier Ideas?  (Read 12430 times)

MadBrax

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Versatile Plate Carrier Ideas?
« on: November 03, 2015, 07:14:56 PM »
Hello everyone. I've been looking at a few plate carriers and in not too sure on what to get. I was considering a Jpc but they look a little small. I'm just needing something that I can show off my morale patches and hold a triple kangaroo m4 or Ak mag pouch.
I run an assault class and also a recon kit.  I've always stuck to a molle compatible vest, but it's butt ugly and not as snug as I would like. Then a radio, utility, and speed loader pouch. I just took a look at my budget and it's actually 150 for a plate carrier without the pouches. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 01:47:12 PM by MadBrax »

Pagan

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Old school member
  • Most people don't like me. I'm cool with that.
    • View Profile
Re: Versatile Plate Carrier Ideas?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 07:34:53 PM »
A jpc is one of the LEAST bulky plate carriers made.

We'd be able to offer suggestions with more info such as:

How many mags you're looking to cary and what type? Ak and sr25 mags take up a lot more room than mp5 mags.

What are you planning on doing for hydration?

We also don't do sales outside of the commerce section.

MadBrax

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 07:41:39 PM »
Looking to carry m4 mags or Ak. I run both. And I'm looking at a back pack for hydration and extra gear. 

Pagan

• Global Moderator
  • Old school member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 07:48:22 PM »
It depends on what you're looking for. Jpcs are made to carry the bare essentials to stay light.

If you're looking to load up with 10 mags, a hydro, and a bunch of other stuff, it defeats the purpose and design of the carrier.

If you're looking to run 3 or 4 mags and a hydro, it could work.

A break down of what your looking to carry can go a long way on what we can suggest.

ctres

• Trade Count: (2)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 08:04:22 PM »
I always advocate for real gear, and not airsoft replica gear, except for a couple exceptions such as Semapo. I personally have a Crye JPC and I really like it, but your budget is kind of low for a decent plate carrier setup IMO. Is that $120 budget for everything (plate carrier and pouches) or just the plate carrier? Plate carriers always seems to cost a bit more that equivalent quality chest rigs, and if budget is an issue I'd much sooner recommend a high quality chest rig than an cheap plate carrier. AWS is a lesser known company that makes very high quality gear for military contracts. A lot of their stuff uses the design of other brands such as Eagle Industries, but I believe this is because they fill in contracts when the original manufacturer is not able to supply enough. They are definitely not a replica company. A friend of mine got the AWS split front chest rig which is the same design as the Eagle MPCR, and I am very impressed with the quality. For the price it simply can't be beat, and it gives you the option to mount whatever pouches you want, unlike many other chest rigs.
https://www.awsin.com/proddetail.asp?prod=50680

Mayflower also has some great chest rigs if you are open to the idea of something other than a plate carrier.

MadBrax

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2015, 08:19:36 PM »
Also do want a hydro

Pagan

• Global Moderator
  • Old school member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2015, 08:35:11 PM »
Please edit instead of double posting.

All of the items you listed would weigh down a jpc.

The load that you're describing would be better suited for 6094 or apc style plate carrier.

Stinger

• Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2015, 11:46:42 PM »
The Grey Ghost Gear Minimalist Plate Carrier is a great versatile PC. It can be built into all kinds of configurations, from super lightweight to medium loads. And it is legit real-steel, not repro, but still not too expensive ($115).
This is my setup for it:

-Stinger

YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/CStingerGhost1
"Think of yourselves as a hand. Each of you is a finger, and without the others you're useless."