Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 82nd Airsoft  (Read 9829 times)

Centurion

• Trade Count: (1)
    • View Profile
82nd Airsoft
« on: October 02, 2017, 02:40:46 PM »
I'm looking to go to the new field 82nd Airsoft this Saturday, and was just wondering if anyone had any experience they could share with me about it, as is layout, team division, and people running the place. Thanks.

darcness

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Re: 82nd Airsoft
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 09:14:40 PM »
Hey Centurion, welcome my man.  I've been to the 82nd field and let me tell you, it's a great place to play.  It's well worth checking out this Saturday. I'll be running around there as well.  Come say hello if you want, I'll be wearing my Darcness patch.

As for the field, it's a great place with a ton of potential.  It's still being built so it's only going to get better.  The woods are dense enough to hide in, but not so dense that you can't move around.  There are well groomed trails, 3 building areas, lots of little dugouts and plenty of space to play on.  It's going to be medium to long range engagements due to lack of hard cover.  However the owners/hosts are planning on adding a large CQB area and more buildings.

The events are organized well and run on a pretty tight schedule.  You aren't sitting around waiting forever to get back onto the field after an event or after a lunch break.  Objectives are clearly defined and different game styles keep it interesting.  Overall it's a great place to shoot some bb's.

Centurion

• Trade Count: (1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 02:37:07 PM »
Thanks for the information darcness. Only one more thing I'm worried about. What color scheme should I try to bring? All the pictures in the facebook page seem to have everyone in camo patterns, and that hasn't been my style in my past private games. Should I try to buy some, and if so, would tan or green be better for this environment? Please bear with me I'm just always a bit indecisive when it comes to trying new places.

darcness

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 08:49:08 PM »
Honestly for a REC game, which is what most are in the state now, you can wear what you have.  There are players who go all out and do specific country kits and then there are guys who just run in civilian clothes and a crossdraw vest.  My advice for smaller rec games is to wear what YOU want.  Don't worry about the crowd and what they seem to be doing.  Do what fits your play style and your budget.  When you start getting into bigger and more milsim style games, then worry about getting yourself kit specific.