Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dual-Role Battle-Sight Options; Elcan Alternative?  (Read 11885 times)

Cats

• Trade Count: (0)
  • The Science Guy!
    • View Profile
    • Doom C3Airsoft Listing
Dual-Role Battle-Sight Options; Elcan Alternative?
« on: January 03, 2016, 11:12:11 PM »

I'm looking for some alternatives to the Elcan 1-4x adjustable dual-role battle-sight. Tried an airsoft Elcan 1-4x a few years back and I've always enjoyed my classic tube style adjustable magnification scopes; but I've been having a hard time finding an affordable option for the dual-role battle-sight niche. I don't have a particular price range or reticule I'm looking for, I'm just wondering what others have used that fill this niche category and any opinions you had on them. Thanks.

ctres

• Trade Count: (2)
    • View Profile
Re: Dual-Role Battle-Sight Options; Elcan Alternative?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 11:23:45 PM »
Have you looked into 1-4 or 1-6x  scopes in the short dot form factor? I don't have any experience with the high end ones but they seem to be really growing in popularity. Nightforce, leupold cqbss, sfwa, vortex viper/razor, S&B, and trijicon accupoint are all popular and highly regarded, some more so than others. Several of those have been awarded military contracts, so I think battle sight would be an appropriate term.

IIRC concensus from socom guys on the elcan is that it is bulky, heavy and FOV isn't all that great but seeing as it is often the only magnified option available it is relatively popular. I know I won't even be considering an elcan once I build an AR.

Cats

• Trade Count: (0)
  • The Science Guy!
    • View Profile
    • Doom C3Airsoft Listing
Re: Dual-Role Battle-Sight Options; Elcan Alternative?
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 03:14:55 AM »
Yeah I've browsed some of the short dot options (leupold, S&B, & Vortex), which are more feasible than the Elcan, however like you I simply don't have any experience with them and was hoping someone here might. I'll have to browse some of those Nightforce, sfwa, and trijicon options though, thanks; just need to find someplace up here in the middle of nowhere that sells them now.