Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Paintball e-trigger in an airsoft gun  (Read 9443 times)

vitaliyo99

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Paintball e-trigger in an airsoft gun
« on: July 08, 2015, 11:56:54 PM »
I want to put a paintball e-trigger into my s&t tavor-21 and I was wondering if it was possible

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Breathe

• I'm Air powered!
    • View Profile
Re: Paintball e-trigger in an airsoft gun
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 01:26:22 AM »
No not possible. Paintball E-triggers use either a large "sear tripping" solenoid or a small air powered solenoid which opens and closes the valve. Airsoft triggers work like light switches and complete a circuit to allow the gun to fire.

vitaliyo99

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 02:11:11 AM »
No not possible. Paintball E-triggers use either a large "sear tripping" solenoid or a small air powered solenoid which opens and closes the valve. Airsoft triggers work like light switches and complete a circuit to allow the gun to fire.
Where could I get a e-trigger for a tar 21?

Zzan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 09:41:03 AM »

Where could I get a e-trigger for a tar 21?

There is nothing called an e-trigger that I am aware of for airsoft. What are you trying to get out of your gun that you think you can get with an e-trigger?

There are MOSFET units that are programmable and may give you the feature(s) you desire, from burst to ramping, and so forth. Though these will be inline with the battery and may not work 100% the way you want.  Some also require/recommend connection to the trigger contacts, so you may have to update/modify the wiring in your gun.

The ones the closest to what you are looking for are specific to V2 and V3 gearboxes.  I don't know if these would be able to be modified to fit into a Tar21 gearbox (I have never seen one, but know that it is not a V2 or V3.)

T6e9a

• Trade Count: (10)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2015, 11:13:22 PM »
It would be possible to shorten a Tavors trigger pull, as well as add features, but it would come with buying microswitches and adjusting the exsistibg trigger mech, and getting a wired in fet, such as a Gate Merf3.2 or something.

I'm not sure what an E-trigger does exactly for paintball, but I would assume its something like a hair trigger, which for that sort of performance is possibly, but you definitely picked a trickey platform for it.
Offering airsoft repair, upgrades, tuning and customization, check out: Tange Six Airsoft Teching Facebook
Check out what I have for sale: Tango Six MIA sale thread