Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 3rd Annual MIA Field day 7/19/2015  (Read 27055 times)

Praetor

• Trade Count: (3)
    • View Profile
Re: 3rd Annual MIA Field day 7/19/2015
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2015, 10:42:44 AM »
I've been to a few events where there are serious posers or valor thieves, and I understand it is serious disrespect. This will be the first airsoft event ever for a few of my +1s and they know to be respectful. They know better than to claim false military membership. With this in mind, can I expect them to be verbally harassed or asked to leave if they borrow and wear a family member's old uniform with rank and unit patches?

It's the only uniform they can get a hold of. If they aren't able to then they have to wear civi crap.

Me + 3 attending.
I don't know about unit patches but if you wear a tank patch that you didn't earn you are begging for trouble.

Stinger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2015, 12:14:05 PM »
I don't understand why people think there's exceptions to this: If you didn't earn it, you don't wear it.
-Stinger

YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/CStingerGhost1
"Think of yourselves as a hand. Each of you is a finger, and without the others you're useless."

Pagan

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Old school member
  • Most people don't like me. I'm cool with that.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2015, 05:18:07 PM »
This is my feeling on the subject.

When a 12 year old kid comes to an event wearing surplus or family borrowed bdus and has rank, it's pretty obvious that they are not trying to portray themselves as a service member. Hell, I remember being a young kid playing army with my buddies wearing the bdus my uncle gave me from his service in the Air Force.  I wouldn't expect someone to take patches off their family's clothing unless they were going to be keeping them, but players who purchase surplus gear that has rank/branch/unit patches on them, should remove those out of respect for the men and women who have served. These types of players should be POLITELY reminded that it's very frowned upon to wear something you personally haven't earned. If someone is going to be an all out asshole to a little kid wearing his dad's or grampa's bdus, that person can leave and not come back. There's no excuse for being a belligerent dick to someone for a simple mistake.

Now, what I do take issue with and will warrant a change or leave conversation are these players who INTENTIONALLY wear rank/unit/tabs and try to be a hard ass.

There was a player a few games ago who was all decked out in his Ranger gear ( including tabs and rank) trying to play off like he was a bad ass. Before I could say something, he must have over heard former service members saying something about it, and left.

If you're a younger player and all you have access to is a family members bdu with rank, you're not going to get picked on or harassed. Someone may say something, politely explain the situation, and everything should be cool. If they continue to give you a hard time, come see one of the hosts/refs.

If it's surplus gear you just bought, come see one of us, we can help you take it off without ruining anything.

If you show up wearing a ranger tab and SSGT rank, I guarantee, you're going to have a bad day.

Vic

• He strikes when the iron is hot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2015, 12:46:14 PM »
Ill be there for at least the swap meet.
G&G CM M4
Elite Force Tavor 21

cityboyyuri

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2015, 01:52:20 AM »
I'm sorry to be so last minute, but I won't be able to attend. I've got to head up to MSU for registration
Magpul PTS Masada
VFC SCAR-H
Tokyo Marui MP5k

Stinger

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2015, 07:14:36 PM »
I'm sorry to be so last minute, but I won't be able to attend. I've got to head up to MSU for registration
Doing that AOP shit?
-Stinger

"Think of yourselves as a hand. Each of you is a finger, and without the others you're useless."

cityboyyuri

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2015, 11:38:44 PM »
Doing that AOP shit?

Yep
Magpul PTS Masada
VFC SCAR-H
Tokyo Marui MP5k

Stinger

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2015, 11:39:53 PM »
Doing that AOP shit?

Yep

Ha, mine was July 8-9
-Stinger

yarrpiracy

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2015, 03:50:53 PM »
Did anybody find a pistol magazine with multi-colored (mostly bright orange) BBs inside? I was keeping my sidearm in an unfamiliar holster and the clip release was engaged during play. Thanks in advance!