Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Michigan v. Ohio MilSim - 07NOV2015  (Read 31508 times)

Gronk

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Re: Michigan v. Ohio MilSim - 07NOV2015
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2015, 06:56:42 AM »
 I'm new to this, but from my limited experience....with only 2 mags you'd need to have multiple speed loaders full on your person and probably a small spare bag of BBs on you also, to refill the loaders. In a pinch you can maybe get some BBs in a mag under fire, but it's a really difficult move not to fumble things in this situation.

Your best reload opportunities would be if there are short briefings between missons. I do believe your team will count on you to 'get back in the fight' as quickly as possible after a re-spawn. That's how I try to play it.....
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 02:10:03 PM by Gronk »

Scruff McGruff

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2015, 10:04:33 AM »
I have a quick question about ammunition/reloading.

I only have two 90 round midcaps for my preferred primary (Echo1 Sof 1). I have never played at a milsim event yet and I was wondering how feasible this ammo count would be.

I do have a m4 platform with around 6 midcaps i can use instead, and I expect many others will also be running m4's so interchangeability of mags would also be a benefit. That said I would really like to use my sof1 out there so I am just wondering if i would have the ability to reload/rearm between deaths and such.

Thanks for any and all advice.

As some others have said, two is going to be difficult.  I would say you should have at least 4, I usually run 6 (120rds).  I also agree that interchangability isn't really that common unless you're in some crazy firefight and absolutely need some and happen to have a dude in your squad that carries like 10 mags on them (these crazy people do exist).  I would say try to pick up at least two more before the event, otherwise you're going to spend the whole day wielding a speedloader, reloading mags, instead of playing, and that's no fun.

Stinger

• Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2015, 12:27:48 PM »
I run 7 100-round mags and for most events I never have to refill a single one.
-Stinger

YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/CStingerGhost1
"Think of yourselves as a hand. Each of you is a finger, and without the others you're useless."

Mosin

• The Bastards
  • Global Moderator
  • Old school member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2015, 06:33:34 PM »
Roster updated, sitting at 79 v 45 in favor of the home State. I do have confirmed reports from two groups of ten that they'll be coming to fight for Ohio but paying at the gate. I'll be closing down registration for Michigan altogether until Ohio reaches at least 80 signed up and paid up.

ctres

• Trade Count: (2)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2015, 05:50:03 PM »
I'd like to get in touch with the other guys assigned to my squad but it doesn't look like they are members on MIA or airsoftohio. How many other places is this game being advertised?

Stinger

• Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2015, 07:48:48 PM »
I'd like to get in touch with the other guys assigned to my squad but it doesn't look like they are members on MIA or airsoftohio. How many other places is this game being advertised?
PM me if you have a Facebook.
-Stinger

YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/CStingerGhost1
"Think of yourselves as a hand. Each of you is a finger, and without the others you're useless."