Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: South east action?  (Read 18935 times)

kjones734

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
    • View Profile
South east action?
« on: December 10, 2015, 12:25:55 PM »
Is there any games or events going on around southeast MI? I havent seen anything posted for around here in a while. Whats up with farminton cqb? Did hunter pull the plug on airsoft there? Anyone know of any other indoor places around? I need to shoot someone with some plastic asap.

ctres

• View Profile
Re: South east action?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 09:36:12 PM »
I'm interested in getting more info on this as well. I'd love to play some cqb but have no interest in playing at eastside where the fps limit is 400. I'd be happy with anything at this point really. I've been itching to play since the last game the Bastards put on.

Dime

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 11:02:44 PM »
Phoenix Tactical is open,I've never played there but heard really good things about them.

ctres

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 09:59:17 AM »
Anyone have experience with PT recently? I thought they had closed but I guess not. Most of their reviews seem positive but there are a few complaints as well.

kjones734

• Old school member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 03:56:00 PM »
Eastside only does 400 fps on sundays. All the other days are 370. I have not played at either of the places but I would be interested in getting a decent group together and all heading out there. If we get a big enough group together and rent the place out we could pretty much make our own rules and make 350 fps the limit. If there is enough interest I can give either place a call and set something up and get a event posted for everyone to sign up.

Scruff McGruff

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2015, 06:32:33 PM »
Phoenix just posted some shots on facebook of their empty new 30,000 sq/ft indoor space so hopefully they should be open for some CQB once they set up the inside.  I'm still hoping that Tango Down will someday get a new giant space and re-open some 100,000+ sq/ft monstrosity like they were originally going to when they sold the old space.

Stinger

• Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2015, 02:45:07 PM »
I was at Phoenix last Saturday and will be going out this Saturday with some buddies. The employees are pretty good people, and there's a maximum velocity limit of 350 FPS with a 0.20-gram BB. The only issues I encountered was HPA spam and younger players carrying out general tomfoolery in the staging area.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 10:35:37 PM by Stinger »
-Stinger

YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/CStingerGhost1
"Think of yourselves as a hand. Each of you is a finger, and without the others you're useless."

Pagan

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Old school member
  • Most people don't like me. I'm cool with that.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2015, 07:22:07 PM »
there's a minimum velocity limit of 350 FPS with a 0.20-gram BB.

I hope that's maximum and not minimum.

The only issues I encountered was HPA spam and younger players carrying out general tomfoolery in the staging area.

You just described every event I've been to in the past two years. Sadly, it's more a statement about airsoft than a venue anymore.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 09:25:20 PM by Pagan »

ctres

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2015, 11:05:00 AM »
I've noticed the same thing repeatedly but so far it hasn't gotten to the point ruining the gameplay for me. Many will probably disagree but I'd fully support a ban on hpa guns or at least stricter mag limits. It's a bummer that hpa spam is such an issue but I think it is just that the performance is just too accessible to the wrong group in a way that it is not with AEGs. Limiting everything other than lmgs to semi auto definitely helps but I think that a mag limit would also help as well.

Pagan

• Global Moderator
  • Old school member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2015, 11:23:02 AM »
It's not just hpa users that are spamming though. I've noticed the trend with both aegs and hpa that players are turning into full auto rambos.

Hpa tends to get focused on more because of the implied misuse. I've seen more assclowns with aegs than hpa recently, due to the clamp down on hpa. Those hpa players I do see playing like dicks are so over the top about it, it seems so much worse.

The huge decline in respectable players is truly disheartening.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 11:34:55 AM by Pagan »

ctres

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2015, 12:00:42 PM »
Well the only games I've played at recently have been semi-only, so generally HPA guns are much more prone to being abused in that situation since it takes a ton more work to get an AEG to the same level of trigger response. I think that a strict limit on the number of mags a player can carry would help to prevent some of this. I know hi cap bans are becoming more popular, but it doesn't really place a limit on the amount of ammo players can carry, it only changes the way that ammo is distributed between mags. I know Milsim West actually issues the ammo to players to limit how much people can carry. I'd be open to this idea as well, but I've never actually tried it myself.

Obviously you can't count on everyone to follow the rule but hopefully additional limits would help to some extent.

Stinger

• Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2015, 01:41:16 PM »
Honestly it wouldn't be a problem for me if HPA didn't inherently joule-creep. They aren't going by joules at Phoenix, they're going by FPS with a 0.20-gram BB. So a guy could chrono at that but then switch to using 0.30-gram BBs and suddenly he's shooting 1.3J rounds out 15 times a second into you at less than three feet.
-Stinger

YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/CStingerGhost1
"Think of yourselves as a hand. Each of you is a finger, and without the others you're useless."

Pagan

• Global Moderator
  • Old school member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2015, 04:47:48 PM »
That's just stupid and irresponsible as a field owner.

Explains why I won't play indoors unless I'm running the event.

kjones734

• Old school member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2015, 09:50:23 PM »
As to the issue of hpa spam, having the user adjust the fcu to slow down rof is a simple solution. This is a very easy thing to do. I dont see a need for more then a gun to fire more then 15 rps. This will level the playing field between stock aegs and hpa. I keep my polarstar around 10 rps because I find I get much better accuracy from the hopup and I rely on my aiming instead of putting up a wall of bbs. I also only use semi only. I agree that the quality of players in regards to respect is low but I find that is mostly true for all kids under 18 years of age on or off the field. Maybe im just becoming a grumpy old man but I dont think so.

Pagan

• Global Moderator
  • Old school member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2016, 11:52:41 AM »
As to the issue of hpa spam, having the user adjust the fcu to slow down rof is a simple solution. This is a very easy thing to do. I dont see a need for more then a gun to fire more then 15 rps.

Auto isn't allowed indoors, so rof cap wouldn't matter. The trigger response of most hpa systems allows for semi auto shooting as fast if not faster than full auto.

It's the players who do trigger spam to compensate for not knowing how to aim and shoot that are the problem.