Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Polarstar Shot delayer for DMR  (Read 19971 times)

kjones734

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
    • View Profile
Re: Polarstar Shot delayer for DMR
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2016, 11:11:47 AM »
Im not here to argue about weather the max should be 500 of 550. I personaly dont see much of a difference and I would have no issue if the max was lowered to 500 either. My issue is that polarstars are nerfed and limited to a point that you can not use them as a dmr. The major selling point of a polarstar is how versitile they are. All in one gun you can have a up close and personal 300fps rifle for cqb and then next event you have have a long range dmr. I completely understand why the guns were nerfed the way they were, because 500fps and 50rps is not safe. But technology has advanced and now the fcu allows for a delay that beings higher fps back into safe limits based on rof. It is still up to the user to use the rifle in a safe manner as it has always been. I also dont think every user should be allowed to run super high fps until they have proven them selfs responsible and play with respect and honor.

Pagan

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Old school member
  • Most people don't like me. I'm cool with that.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2016, 12:03:37 PM »
I would hardly say they've been nerfed to the point they can't be used as a dmr.

There's no reason at all you can't have a fully capable dmr shooting 1.55j.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 12:57:22 PM by Pagan »

kjones734

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2016, 01:22:58 PM »
Then why dont we limit all aeg to 1.54j too? I know you can make a bb shoot 250 feet pretty accuratly at 280 fps but it sure does take a long time to get there. My old tm mpk5 was like that. It shot super far shots but by the time the bb got there the person was already gone most of the time.

My argument is that some one with a aeg is allowed to shoot semi auto at 500fps as fast as they can pull the trigger ( I would guess thats about 10rps) a undelayed polarstar could likely hit 20-30 rps and thats why the 1.54j rule was implemented and thats understandable since there was no way to put a longer delay between shots. Now there is a very reliable way to put a safe delay between shots. The change im suggesting puts a 2 second delay between shots at 500 fps. Thats about 20 times longer then a aeg delay and is on the same level as a bolt action rifle. I just dont see the current rule as being very fair.

Just because the polarstar is easy to tune does not mean it will be abused. Systemas can be tuned super easy or quick change springs can make a gun shoot hotter but they are not limited.

Pagan

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Old school member
  • Most people don't like me. I'm cool with that.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2016, 03:04:07 PM »
That's actually what gunny and I have been discussing.

We can't determine what other fields do, but we've been talking about it doing exactly this at no limits.

That was what I referred to about national ops having a limit of 1.55j for everything.

Personally I think it would be a good rule for the community,  but like I said I just host at one field. I have the option to enforce stricter rules just not looser.