Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sweetest Military Movie  (Read 11574 times)

easternelitesalpha

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Sweetest Military Movie
« on: September 13, 2016, 10:48:41 PM »
Fellas,

What's one of the sweetest military movies out there?  Act of Valor, Blackhawk Down, American Sniper?  You can even go a little older too if you can think of one.  I suppose any movie about any American conflict is what I'm referring to, not necessarily something like "Braveheart", but along the lines of what I'm talking about.
~Eastern Elites Main Member~

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
Re: Sweetest Military Movie
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 03:22:40 PM »
Somehow I missed this post when it first came up so sorry for the slow response;)

On Mil movies Blackhawk down is a favorite of mine still after quite a few years. We were soldiers is another older one that is quite good. Shooter wasn't bad, though I prefer the book by Stephen Hunter Point of Impact that the movie was loosely based on. Actually all of Hunter's books are quite good in my opinion. 13 hours was pretty good in my opinion as well. American Sniper wasn't bad but I wasn't a huge fan, currently listening to the audio book and so far I prefer it. Though admittedly I'm a book guy as much as I like movies the books are more informational typically and deeper.

Platoon of course is a bit of a classic mil movie. I really enjoyed the movie Enemy at the Gates which is about WW2 snipers in Russia/Germany. Lone survivor was pretty good, I recently watched that and enjoyed it.

So there are a bunch;) But there are a bunch more that I'm not coming up with the names right now. Oh Saving Private Ryan was dang good, hard to go wrong with Tom Hanks in most cases. But yeah there are tons but those are some of my favorites that are generally decent.

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

Dr Black

• Trade Count: (1)
    • View Profile
Re: Sweetest Military Movie
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 07:47:47 PM »
One movie that comes to mind is Full Metal Jacket. I love the scene in the barracks, easily my favorite scene in any movie.
Dr Black