Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Simulated mortar launcher  (Read 10383 times)

Dr Black

• Trade Count: (1)
    • View Profile
Simulated mortar launcher
« on: September 26, 2016, 08:23:33 PM »
While I was wandering parts of the internet, when something caught my eye.

I thought this was a pretty simple to build prop that could make a scenario awesome. Imagine having to assault and capture a mortar position that is pinning down a friendly fire team.
Admittedly I am not sure if a field would allow it because technically it is pyro device. But Rubbing alcohol is fast burning and fast evaporating so the odds of it setting fire(unintentionally) would be highly unlikely. You could dispense the propellant into the projectile(bottle) with a hairspray bottle. A penny hot glued to the bottom of the bottle ensures it falls bottom first. Giving the bottle the most drag as possible when falling. Even though I don't think anyone would be hurt from a falling piece of plastic. Or If you want to be super safe, Tether the empty bottle to the launcher with a short bit of fishing line. You still get the whoosh sound of a airsoft mortar.

Anyways just a idea. What do you guys think?
Dr Black

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
Re: Simulated mortar launcher
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 08:30:14 PM »
I dig it, I've long been considering building some things like this though I have planned on doing it pneumatically. So it would eliminate the propellant but I'm not sure either is "safe" but I'd say at least from my point of view it's about equal.

I'm not sure how legit fields would handle this sort of thing, on my field and those up here in the middle of no where I'd say it would be just fine;) I'd be curious to hear from some of the guys downstate though.

I'd also be very curious what the range on this thing would be as well. Since I dig common easy to build projects this is very cool;)

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"