Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Homemade Rocket launchers  (Read 13513 times)

Dr Black

• Trade Count: (1)
    • View Profile
Homemade Rocket launchers
« on: September 28, 2016, 03:57:41 PM »
I'm just curious of anyone had made their own rocket launchers and what design choices they made and why? 
I know I could always just Google a set of plans.  But I want to be able to ask what would change about your design.  Then there is the possibility of being able to see it in action at a state game.
Dr Black

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
Re: Homemade Rocket launchers
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 09:51:58 PM »
I'd be really curious about this too, with me running games out here I've got several vehicles and some big ones like the deuce and a half. But other than guys running 203's and that sort of thing it's still difficult to take out a vehicle in game. So I've been considering building something like an AT4 based on compressed air for a mobile platform that could take out vehicles.

So any suggestions out there from guys who've done it would be a very interesting read. I've looked at allot of youtube video's and such but still haven't hit exactly what I want. I know that some of you guys downstate did a van setup I saw on a Lion Claws video with a couple what looked like custom launchers setup atop it;)

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

Dr Black

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 09:24:06 AM »
I have never played a game with a simulated "armored"  vehicle.  But I always wondered about the windows in the vehicle.  If they are closed,  you cant shoot inside to disable it.  If they are open essentially the operators and passengers have to be okay with being shot in the head region. If you hit it with a 203 shower shell, what if they don't hear the hit?  I figured a rocket launcher was the answer.  But how do you decide on your projectile?  You want enough mass to make a definitive thud.  But you don't want to hit a player and hurt them.  I have so many questions.
Dr Black

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 06:01:07 PM »
Well it varies by game, generally in my experience at least whether or not the drivers are supposed to be shot, the drivers will be shot. But it really depends on the game, generally for ours they need to be hit with a solid round of some sort either tag, or a foam projectile. In either case the vehicle is down and then usually the guys inside pile out alive, though that varies depending on the field too. Sometimes I'll make vehicles not able to be engaged if they are part of a scenario say transportation, then allow the guys to get in shoot outs in the rear without being able to be killed or vice versus with drivers keeping the distance so it's not a complete hose fest. More in the case of a chase of sorts across the property. We did that with the deuce last year going to the next objective and I planned to have my dune buggy roll out after them giving chase with an M60 gunner on the passenger side. Added an interesting element to the game.

Generally I'd say your best projectile from a safety standpoint is nerf, but like anything it's ups and downs. ANd I honestly haven't used them myself, I've been around them and seen them in use allot. On my list is a grenade launcher and some nerf balls or rockets because we've started seeing them at games now. In the past they were just shower grenades mostly and other than being a cool shotgun pretty useless.

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

FearRoback

• Trade Count: (0)
  • The Thrill Of The Battle, Without The Scars Of War
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 09:11:41 PM »

This is the rocket launcher that I made. It is light weight, easy to carry and takes one 12 gram C02 to launch out the nerf rocket. There is two confirm vehicle kills @ Operation Blind Fury 13 
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/FearRoback1
Ghost Squadron Airsoft Team (GSAT) Team Captain
Elite Force 4CRL, 4CRS, Elite Force 1911 Tac, Elite Force Legends Smoke Wagon

Dr Black

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2016, 09:11:41 AM »

This is the rocket launcher that I made. It is light weight, easy to carry and takes one 12 gram C02 to launch out the nerf rocket. There is two confirm vehicle kills @ Operation Blind Fury 13
What type of distance have you been able to get with it?  How flat does it fire?
Dr Black

FearRoback

• Trade Count: (0)
  • The Thrill Of The Battle, Without The Scars Of War
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 07:01:51 AM »
Please watch the first 2 min of this video from Stingers Channel to get an idea

YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/FearRoback1
Ghost Squadron Airsoft Team (GSAT) Team Captain
Elite Force 4CRL, 4CRS, Elite Force 1911 Tac, Elite Force Legends Smoke Wagon