Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Milsim kit?  (Read 25659 times)

Patriot

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Milsim kit?
« on: August 28, 2018, 09:48:53 PM »
I’ve always noticed that in serious milsim games,everyone seems to be running a modern kit. Now is that a requirement or does it not really matter. Only asking because I’m working on a 1968 Marine kit. And I’m wondering if that’ll be allowed to a serious milsim game? Thanks for the answers guys.

T6e9a

• Trade Count: (10)
    • View Profile
Re: Milsim kit?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 11:12:18 AM »
Depends on which "serious milsim". Most require enough kit/camo to be the right color scheme to the team you are on.

As for MSW, (I have never been, just stating my understanding thus far) they do require or strongly recommend/suggest fairly accurate impressions kits for the side you are on, which era/time period isn't as important as just being able to be recognized as said unit on the field.
Offering airsoft repair, upgrades, tuning and customization, check out: Tange Six Airsoft Teching Facebook
Check out what I have for sale: Tango Six MIA sale thread

VooDoo

• Trade Count: (8)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 08:30:45 AM »
I completely agree with what Ben is saying. Unless you go to a SUPER specific milsim you should be ok. The milsim events I've attended put out an acceptable camo patterns. Usually solid colors are also allowed as it clearly shows what side you're on. And as for gear I've ran full blown plate carrier setups to minimal chest rig setups.

Gimpalong

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Old school member
  • I make maps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 04:26:23 PM »
MSW requires a semi-modern impression. NATO attendees must wear Multicam unless they can muster a squad of 9 or more guys. For example, a group of 9 guys could run a Norwegian, German, UK, etc impression and use the camo patterns in use by those units. I say semi-modern because a group of dudes ran 2010 75th Ranger Regiment loadouts and wore ACU. Obviously, not current modern impression, but close enough.

The vast majority of "milsim" or scenario type events require a green-based camo for one team and a tan-based camo for the other team. Some provide a list of acceptable green or tan based camos that can be used.

You're probably fine wearing USMC 1968 kit since the camo has a green base, but you might get some weird looks from the geardos.