Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Luke's gun thread  (Read 17199 times)

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
Luke's gun thread
« on: April 17, 2015, 08:04:18 PM »
Well guys figured I'd update this thread by creating it here again. And I took another picture of my CA M15A4 in it's normal configuration rather than the DMR type of setup.

M15A4 DMR of sorts

Standard setup that I've been running for years.

When I get some time I'll take some more of the rest of my old school collection. That M15A4 is from around 2003-2004 or so.

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

zephurah

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Re: Luke's gun thread
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 04:12:41 PM »
Lovin' the paint jobs on both of them.

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 04:14:13 PM »
Thanks it's old school the paint is 10+ years old now;) That's actually the same lower just with another upper on there. I'm planning on painting the upper to match once I get all the little things ironed out with that change. Though that said I might end up just building a second lower and making a complete second gun out of it. Haven't decided yet which direction to take it;)

Luke

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 10:00:09 PM »
Well guys I finally started getting my collection into at least a temporary storage place. So I hung up some peg board and got most of the guns into one place. Need some more hooks since I'm short several handguns and a few other guns I didn't have room or hooks for. Also the lighting sucks, sorry guys I had to use flash and it's in my barn so until I get better lights up it's as good as it's going to get.

Either way I thought you guys might get a kick out of some of the older TM stuff etc that you don't see too often anymore.

Top left
APS Patriot
CA M15A4 RIS
CYMA M14
DIY M16 DMR(not done yet)

Middle
TM VSR10 Gspec
TM G36c
ICS MP5A4(actually MP5A5, with TM A4 stock)
TM AK47s(missing stock and selector)

Right
TM P90TR
CA M15A4 Carbine
TM M3

Handguns
CYMA G18c
WE 1911
KJW 1911 double stack

A few of those are newer since I've been back into playing, but most are 10+ years old now.

Take care!

Luke

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 02:14:19 PM »
Well I have been working on my stubby m4 it's gone through a few variations now but this is getting closer to final;)

So it started as a Black Ops Stubby that I got for cheap, ran good until I fed it an 11.1v lipo for quite a while. Then the electric blow back was giving me issues with the higher ROF and I stripped the stock piston. So I tore it down reshimmed, replaced the piston and just generally cleaned everything up inside. Tore out the EBB stuff so that it's now mostly a standard gearbox.

Then I got the new stock, so I pulled the front end down, removed the integral suppressor cut the outer barrel down, fit a flash hider(the suppressor is still able to go back on over the flash hider). Cut down and recrowned the inner barrel. Then installed the new stock which is a side folding LR300 stock, took one of my stick lipo's and molded up a kydex cover for over the battery in the stock. And temporarily I went ahead and used some range bands to keep the two halves together. Eventually I'll get around to drilling and mounting them with chicago screws through and maybe some other things. I'm not thrilled with the wire routing but it works, same with the kydex. I can clean it up another day though I was short time and wanted to make it functional for the time being.

Overall works well, reliable and best of all very very short. It's slightly less accurate with the shorter barrel, groups are a little bigger, could be the barrel though since I cut down another one I had around rather than the stock one. FPS might have dropped a little bit but I don't have a chrono right now so hard to tell. Still can hit a target regularly at 50 yards and that's good enough for the plan I had for this gun;)