Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sling bags  (Read 12754 times)

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
Sling bags
« on: March 22, 2016, 12:36:57 PM »
So guys I've got a question and you might have the answer. Sling bags are something I've not tried. But I'm looking to put together something to compliment my normal sniper loadout. I don't typically run my plate carrier when I'm running a sniper rifle and right now I've been running my VSR10 mags in pistol pouches on a belt along with my glock for close range and a dump pouch. That's been my lightweight setup. But since I recently built up a semi auto M16 as another sniper rifle I'm looking for a way to carry M16 mags as well and I could just setup or make some M4 pouches for the belt but I've started looking at some sort of light weight bag to carry a couple mags and maybe radio and a few other bits and pieces.

Enter the sling pack: http://www.ebay.com/itm/281512029134?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&var=580540985108&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

That's the one I'm looking at mostly because this will be a very small light weight setup, so I don't need a backpack. If I did I've got a couple from medium to large but they are too cumbersome on the field for what I need with me. So I'm curious to hear opinions from guys who run backpacks as well as smaller sling packs or something of the sort. How do they work out, do you like the size of whatever your running do you want something bigger? Just generally how it's worked out for your particular loadout. My current plan is to put a double mag pouch on the molle for M4 mags, then use minor other bits inside. I might however set it up differently once I get it and start playing around with it.

I'm also planning on adding a ghillie to my summer gear this year, and I'm planning on putting some jute either in a cover fashion I can easily remove or just attached to the rig to help it conceal a bit better. But it also may become a bit of a sand bag for shooting off of when I'm actually sitting in position for a longer period of time. Since I don't run a bipod on either rifle it might be useful there though I'll admit since I don't currently carry a bag I'm not sure how often I'd use it that way. Likely it would remain on my back most of the time unless I needed more ammo etc.

So opinions and ideas would be more than welcome, I know this is a super cheap china bag. But mostly my theory is to try the style see how it works out then if I find the quality isn't up to my standards either copy it myself out of 1000d cordura since I've got several yards of it here handy, or buy something built better but with some different changes in build quality.

Take care!

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

Gimpalong

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Old school member
  • I make maps.
    • View Profile
Re: Sling bags
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 06:57:05 PM »
Take a look at the HSGI Sniper Waist Pack.

http://www.highspeedgear.com/hsgi/sniper-waist-pack-13SWP0.html

Or, alternatively, think about building a battlebelt loadout.

I think a sling pack would be cumbersome if you needed to get anything out of it in a hurry (think reloading the rifle) and would probably bounce around quite a bit.

Just my 2 cents.

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
Re: Sling bags
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 07:02:44 PM »
Take a look at the HSGI Sniper Waist Pack.

http://www.highspeedgear.com/hsgi/sniper-waist-pack-13SWP0.html

Or, alternatively, think about building a battlebelt loadout.

I think a sling pack would be cumbersome if you needed to get anything out of it in a hurry (think reloading the rifle) and would probably bounce around quite a bit.

Just my 2 cents.

I was kind of wondering about that. Most of them I've seen allow you to cinch them up some when they are on the back then loosen and rotate to the front when you need something. Since it's more sniper than assault type of thing and additionally since I haven't had any luck feeding heavy rounds out of normal mid caps I've gone to running highcap 250 round VN style mags right now with it. So I've got allot of ammo on tap per mag compared to anything that would make sense at this point. I'd much prefer something with the same size no rattle and would feed .43g BB's but I haven't found it yet;) So at this point I don't expect to be changing mags in a hurry much, and if I am likely I'm laying down where the bag is in front of me at that point. But also if I get in a pinch usually my first inclination is to draw the glock from the holster and use it.

So I'm not sure how it's going to shake out in general use, but a belt setup might be more practical in reality it's spitting distance from what I'm already running so perhaps I should just add some pouches to my existing belt and try that for a bit rather than adding additional gear at this point.

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"